Manager, Wmg Creative Sync
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, WMG Creative Sync
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Bros., Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Business and Legal Affairs team in WMG's exciting new state of the art office in Downtown Los Angeles.
Job Title: Manager, WMG Creative Sync
Why this could be your next big break:
Under general supervision, with latitude for independent judgment and decision, Seeks out, makes contact and meets with sync music representatives for purposes of recommending WMG masters to be used on their projects, negotiates quotes as necessary, and markets songs/catalog to sync community. Works and coordinates with all Frontline Labels and International Affiliates.
Here you'll get to:
• Meets with writers/composers/artists to update them on sync projects and assists in pitching them into a specific film, TV, video games, commercials, advertising, and soundtracks.
• Researches the catalog both for WMG for new songs and becomes familiar with the WMG masters for future use in exploitation.
• Researches weekly film, TV and radio production schedules, contacts and meets the producers, directors, agents, managers and agencies in order to offer songs from the catalog appropriate for their productions.
• Coordinates with Creative staff, Licensing, and Copyright Departments, attends meetings and may supervise subordinate staff.
• Responsible for completing tasks specific within the area, department, or division along with the aforementioned duties and responsibilities in a satisfactory manner as determined by the officers and managers of the division and/or Company.
• Exchanges information by attending marketing and planning meetings.
• Builds close relationships with all strata of label employees with a special emphasis on the Marketing and A&R departments.
• Gets advance music from the labels and disseminates it throughout synch creative department.
• Gathers music and videos to present at Synch Department meetings.
• Represents WMG Sync at concerts, showcases, listening parties, mixers, and other events.
• Sends out e-mail blasts and other forms of WMG Sync promotion.
• Organizes artist showcases for WMG Sync clients and employees.
• Handles and safeguards confidential and proprietary information.
• Must be able to effectively communicate internally and/or externally in a manner consistent with the company's Code of Conduct and core values.
• Must be able to come to work on time without restriction as to time commitment.
• Must be able to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
• Must be able to perform all diverse physical tasks necessary to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Must be able to work at and utilize all necessary functions of a computer in order to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Must have general computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of general business practices.
• Possess a strong work ethic.
• Strong organization skills and pay high attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
• Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments.
• Produce quality work and be accountable.
• Manage time.
• Ability to work well in team.
• Demonstrate ability to be innovative and suggest change/improvements within scope of work.
• Anticipates needs and creates efficient and effective processes.
• Self-starter, self-motivated and takes responsibility/ownership of tasks.
• Thinks outside the box proactively, strategically and analytically.
• Consistently takes initiative.
• Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A high school level education or its equivalent.
• A minimum of three (3) years of relevant creative sync experience
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.