Manager, Video Streaming Strategy
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Manager, Video Streaming Strategy
A little bit about our team:
The Commercial Video & UGC team at Rhino is responsible for maximizing the value of the legendary Warner Music Group catalog at commercial video & UGC partners with a primary focus on YouTube. We are a cross-functional and highly-collaborative team that fuses partner management and analysis with content activation, development, and optimization to deliver results for our bottom line, our artists, and our account partners.
Why this could be your next big break:
This is an opportunity to join a high-performing team and develop expertise in a variety of key and ascendant functions and formats in the music streaming space: YouTube optimization and monetization, video and UGC, reactive tracks, and catalog. This role will have a high degree of visibility within WMG's Catalog Division as well as the expectation and opportunity to build and sustain relationships with key internal and external partners, including intra-company partners, account partners, artist managers, and creators. While this role will be amply supported within reporting lines and within the Commerce department at Rhino, the position is designed with independence in mind and offers a prime opportunity for growth within the organization.
Here you'll get to:
• You will become an expert and the main internal point of contact for day-to-day YouTube activities: uploads, optimization, channel management, internal and external best practices, new platform features and 3rd party softwares.
• You will manage the day-to-day delivery, optimization, and publishing of a high-volume of audio-visual content to artist and hub channels on YouTube as well as coordinate internally to schedule video content across all video DSPs domestically and internationally.
• You will directly oversee a suite of essential weekly reports and account updates including priority pitches, content scheduling, and account and competitor research.
• You will implement and, over time, lead the development of optimization initiatives on YouTube and Facebook.
• You will collaborate with marketing and content leads to design audio-visual content strategies for priority new releases, trending moments, and seasonal campaigns.
• You will refine our best practices and continually challenge assumptions by answering business questions with data, producing performance reports, and elevating and analyzing trends in the context in which they occur.
• You will empower our team and our partners by effectively communicating label and account priorities orally and in writing to audiences large and small.
• You will contribute to creative briefs for audio-visual content and perform basic photo and video editing tasks to optimize thumbnails and short-form videos for YouTube.
• You will assist with rights management and content protection research and tasks.
• You will supervise junior team members and contribute to broader department objectives.
• You have at least 3 years of professional experience in the music or media industry in a digital accounts, digital marketing, or sales analysis role.
• You are a detailed-obsessed hustler and an adept multi-tasker with a proven track record of meeting regular deadlines.
• You have strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude with the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with colleagues across a variety of disciplines (marketing, sales, digital production, legal, finance, and creative teams).
• You are analytical, data-fluent, and have experience with Excel/Google Sheets.
• You are social media and internet literate with an interest in the music streaming space and/or YouTube.
• You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
• You are deeply passionate about music and enjoy music discovery.
• You have a bachelor's degree preferably in Economics or English
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Hands-on experience managing content on YouTube and/or using YouTube analytics
• Experience with live streaming or virtual events
• Familiarity with SQL and/or Python
• Compositional fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.