Manager, Video Production
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Manager, Video Production
A little bit about our team:
The Atlantic Records Video Department is responsible for the commissioning of official music videos for Atlantic and its partner labels. The department is involved in all aspects of the video production process, from concept to completion.
• You love music videos and nurturing 360 creative to achieve greatness.
• You are responsible, well organized, and thrive on managing multiple projects.
• You are well rounded and your experience in making music videos spans multiple genres – from pop to hip hop, alternative and electronic.
• You want to be part of a diverse, first-rate creative production team and a cutting-edge company that provides the resources for success.
• You love to be challenged and have a great perspective on the art of production.
Here you'll get to:
• Champion new directing talent.
• Match the right creatives with incredible artists.
• You will be soliciting treatments for a variety of artists at various budget levels.
• Ensure creative is executed properly from start to finish.
• Be responsible for managing video budgets and timely delivery of the final product.
• Liaise between label executives, band/management, and director/production company.
• Identify and build a network of developing director talent.
• Maintain and nurture relationships with existing and new production partners.
• Work closely with the artist and label to ensure successful artist imaging.
• Navigate and discern creative because you have impeccable taste and expertise.
• Be a resourceful and innovative problem solver that's able to maintain composure in a high pressure, deadline-oriented environment.
• Tap into an ever-expanding network of creatives that will help achieve our artist's visions.
• Be at service for the vision.
We'd love it if you also had:
• Ability to manage multiple projects in various stages simultaneously.
• Strong knowledge of all production and post-production processes, formats, and techniques.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Action oriented, tenacious, and adaptable.
• Strong knowledge of AICP budget format and crew rates.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills.
• Comfort with all musical genres and lyrical content.
• Work with integrity.
• Dedicated and committed team player.
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2022 Warner Music Inc.