Manager, Video Content Operations & Partnerships
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
Manager, Video Content Operations & Partnerships
Location: Los Angeles, CA or New York, NY
A little bit about our team:
The Video Content, Platforms, & Partnerships team at Rhino Records / Warner Catalog is responsible for maximizing the value of the legendary Warner Music Group catalog at commercial video & UGC partners with a primary focus on YouTube. We are a cross-functional and collaborative team focused on delivering both revenue results and visibility for our artists via content activation, platform optimization, content strategy, rights management, digital account management, and business development strategies.
This is an opportunity to join a high-performing team and develop expertise in a variety of key and ascendant functions and formats in the music streaming space: YouTube optimization and monetization, video content, UGC monetization, reactive tracks, and catalog. This role will have a high degree of visibility within WMG's Catalog Division as well as the expectation and opportunity to build and sustain relationships with key internal and external partners, including intra-company partners, account partners, artist managers, and creators. While this role will be amply supported within reporting lines and within the Commerce department at Rhino, the position is designed with independence in mind and offers a prime opportunity for growth within the organization.
Here you'll get to:
• Be the primary driver for day-to-day YouTube operations across channel and video optimization, rights management, and content protection.
• Manage the day-to-day delivery, optimization, and publishing of a high-volume of audio-visual content to Warner catalog artist and hub channels on YouTube
• Produce regular reporting and account communications including priority pitches and account and competitor research.
• Develop channel management best practices and collaborate with label and artist teams to optimize channels and drive new platform feature adoption.
• Assist in the production of hygiene content optimized for YouTube.
• Assist with invoice processing.
• Integrate and liaise with third party content optimization services to support ongoing optimization initiatives.
• Lend your expertise and imagination to audio-visual content strategies for priority new releases, trending moments, and seasonal campaigns.
• Refine best practices and continually challenge assumptions by asking and answering business questions with data, producing performance reports, and elevating and analyzing trends in the context in which they occur.
• Empower the Warner catalog team and our partners by effectively communicating label and account priorities internally and externally.
• Collaborate with junior team members and contribute to broader department objectives.
• You have at least 3 years of professional experience in the music or media industry in a digital accounts, digital marketing, or sales analysis role.
• You are a hustler and an adept multi-tasker with a proven track record of meeting deadlines.
• You have strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude with the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with colleagues across a variety of disciplines (marketing, sales, digital production, legal, finance, and creative teams).
• You are analytical, data-fluent, and have experience with Excel/Google Sheets.
• You are internet literate with an interest in the music streaming space and/or YouTube.
• You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
• You are deeply passionate about music and enjoy music discovery.
We'd love it if you also had:
• Hands-on experience managing content on YouTube and/or using YouTube analytics
• Experience with live streaming or virtual events
• Familiarity with SQL and/or Python
• A Bachelor's degree in Economics or English
• Compositional fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear