Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/6/2023 10:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Manager, Sync jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Manager, Sync postings
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Manager, Sync
A little bit about our team:
The sync team is a collaborative group of creatives who are responsible for placing Warner Records' music in films, trailers, television shows, video games, promos, and sports programming. We are looking for an enthusiastic teammate with phenomenal attention to detail who exhibits excellent communication skills in both written and verbal forms for a newly-developed hybrid role. This new role will primarily focus on operations, but will also require some creative sync pitching. The person in this key role will be responsible for both capturing and communicating crucial information about the work our team does within the company, with our artists, and with our clients. This person will support the team by spearheading and fine-tuning our logistics and information flow, and by supporting our pitching efforts in film and television. Help us amplify the stories our artists tell through their music by joining our sync team and streamlining our communication and aiding in our pitch efforts!
Your role is essential to the Warner Records sync team. You will help develop and maintain the information flow within the company, with our artists, and with our clients on behalf of our team. You will correspond regularly with supervisors and music executives to obtain pertinent information about our sync placements and maintain our internal database which tracks them. You will also pitch to a select group of television and film projects to be determined by your pitching experience. You will be encouraged to share ideas to amplify our pitching efforts and participate heavily in a creatively collaborative environment.
Here you'll get to:
• Develop new and use existing documents and spreadsheets to track the confirmation and details of our work. You will be responsible for updating these documents based on the information you acquire from clients and other resources and distributing them internally.
• Update artist teams, both internal and external, on sync projects and departmental pitching efforts.
• Coordinate with various Warner Records departments (marketing, digital marketing, sales, promotion, etc.) to capture artist campaign information and attend general marketing and related artist-specific planning meetings.
• Partner with the sync team on targeted blasts and themed playlists.
• Work with the sync coordinator to acquire and maintain accurate label copy, split information, and other pertinent information regarding our recordings to aid in pitching efforts.
• Work hand in hand with our digital team to amplify our placements on Warner Records' social media accounts.
• Meet and work with artists and artist managers to gain a true understanding of the artist's vision and music to best prepare you for pitching music for sync placement to a handful of clients and projects.
• Participate in weekly Warner Records department meetings, giving ideas on how we as a team can develop, grow, and promote our artists, especially within the sync world, and help sharpen our departmental approach to internal protocols and external outreach.
• Represent Warner Records weekly at concerts, showcases, listening events, playbacks, mixers, and other events on a regular basis.
• Coordinate artist showcases for Warner Records artists as needed.
• Collaborate closely with publishers to coordinate pitching and clearance efforts.
• Robust work ethic, excellent time management skills, and can work on multiple projects simultaneously with great attention to detail.
• A wide and diverse range of computer skills with the ability to build reports and creative decks, conveying important information in a professional and concise manner. Must have a detailed knowledge of and experience working with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, DISCO, and Canva.
• 1-2 years of experience pitching music for placement in visual media, or 2-3 years supporting a sync team in creative efforts on an organizational level.
• Genuine lover of sync and visual media, and you watch film and television regularly.
• Meticulous with a clear understanding of the intricacies of music licensing; you know how master samples, interpolations, and publishing splits affect the licensing of a track for sync.
• Genuinely love music across all genres, an active music listener and concertgoer.
• Ability to read and interpret data, recognizing and extracting critical information.
We'd love it if you also had:
• Keen insight into how social media is used to promote commercial successes effectively and you understand the mechanics of all popular social media platforms.
• A natural affinity toward digital content trends and regularly participate in social media conversations surrounding current pop culture trends and events. You know the next generation's creators of visual media.
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at th