Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Manager, Royalties
A little bit about our team:
We are a global music publishing company, home to a wide array of legendary songwriters and a rich catalog of contemporary hits and influential standards. Under general direction, with latitude for independent judgment and decision, supervises the activities of subordinates, the distribution of payments to domestic, Canadian and foreign writers, and performs research, financial analysis and reconciliation functions relating to royalties payable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Here you'll get to:
• Manage all outbound royalty distributions to our clients in the US and Canada
• Line manage the payables team and provide training, motivation, guidance, and direction as required. Coach the team to troubleshoot queries, problem solve and work autonomously
• Effectively monitor priorities and workload, setting short, medium, and long-term goals for the department. Set KPIs to measure targets and create regular performance reports for the Sr. Director of Royalties and senior management as required
• Review quarterly statements, correct data if necessary, prepare adjustments, and manage the ingestion of financial transactions into our in-house copyright and royalty system Tango
• Proactively promote, manage, and monitor the registration of US and Canadian clients to the WCM Client Portal, and provide demos to new and prospective clients.
• Upload client statements to the Warner Chappell Client Portal before each period close
• Investigate, resolve and respond to complex royalty queries from clients and business
• Partner with Copyright, Legal, Licensing, Tracking, and IT to verify information or to obtain documentation needed relating to client inquiries
• Research company files or other sources for missing or incorrect information. Updates material such as change of clients, ownership, estate settlements, addresses, rates, other agreements, manner of payments and supervises the amending of data related to such
• Participate in system testing and data cleansing and provide input into future planning requirements for the royalty modules of Tango
• Represent Warner Chappell at in-person meetings and participate in industry initiatives/working groups
• Perform royalty-related financial analysis as requested by Senior Management
• Comply with and complete internal audit requirements, managing checklists, reviews and sign-off
• Partner with the Sr. Director of Royalties on strategic planning, goal setting, and the execution of projects
• Handle and safeguards confidential and proprietary information.
You must have general computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office with emphases on Excel and Word; Experience with SAP preferred; knowledge of general business practices; possess a strong work ethic; strong organization skills and pay high attention to detail; strong communication skills (written and verbal); ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments; produce quality work and be accountable; manage time; comfortable working autonomously and as part of a team; demonstrate the ability to be innovative and suggest change/improvements within the scope of work; anticipates needs and creates efficient and effective processes; self-starter, self-motivated and takes responsibility/ownership of tasks; thinks outside the box proactively, strategically and analytically; consistently takes initiative; demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
We'd love it if you also had:
• A degree in accounting, finance, or business administration; coursework to have included principles of accounting and/or bookkeeping procedures, arithmetical analysis, or computations and/or related systems is strongly preferred.
• Prior experience of working in a managerial or supervisory capacity, preferably at a music publisher within royalty administration
• At least two (2) years of customer service experience with a focus in accounts payable, royalty statements, billing processes and analysis, or, a satisfactory equivalent of education, training and experience in related fields and/or educational disciplines, sufficient to qualify for the requirements of the position.
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the ho