Manager, Release Planning
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/15/2021 8:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Manager, Release Planning jobs in New York-NY
Search all Manager, Release Planning postings
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Manager, Release Planning, Label Operations
A little bit about our team:
The Release Planning team at Atlantic Records is?a new team, dedicated to ensuring that our music products (audio, video and beyond) are managed from A&R handoff to commercial availability, intersecting and connecting all the moving parts across A&R Administration, Product Management, Business Affairs, Creative, and Production. This team is critical to both the operations of our product planning/delivery system, as well as communication within the company as the owners of the master release schedule.
Why this could be your next big break:
This is an opportunity to work at one of the most historic and successful record companies in the world, in the center of the action. If paying close attention to detail, communicating calmly yet effectively, and working collaboratively with top industry professionals aligns with you, this is your opportunity. If you are a collaborator at heart, love managing in an incredibly fast-paced, complex environment, and have a thirst to learn and grow with the industry, we should talk. You will hold a critical role with access and communication across all levels within the company, and access to senior management to help shape the role and this new department as we evolve.
Here you'll get to:
• Work with the marketing product managers to maintain our release schedule for all products and communicate all changes to the company.
• Manage the product release schedule by interfacing with key staff on each product status across the following departments: A&R, A&R Administration, Business Affairs, Creative (Art & Video), Product Management and Production.
• Maintain frequent communication with A&R Admin and Business Affairs to track legal clearances regarding new releases.
• Ensure all products are clear for release and lead the charge if they are not. Communicate urgently when issues arrive across all levels of the organization.
• Provide timely communication regarding the status of each project (i.e. alerting business affairs of legal issues, notifying artist/management of production deadlines, advising senior management of potential project overages or delays).
• Be a company-wide resource
• Manage a large release schedule comprised of a variety of different projects, assess each project's specific needs and prioritize accordingly.
• Review and understand legal contracts and be comfortable upholding legal standards in high-pressure situations.
• Deal efficiently and effectively with unforeseen production problems to ensure timely delivery of required assets.
• Anticipate unforeseen problems and work to resolve them before they've occurred.
• Be service-oriented and willing to often take on tasks that are not part of the job description.
• Work well and communicate with different types of people across every part of the Atlantic and WMG organization.
• Shift gears comfortably and maintain composure when under pressure.
• Work independently and be a self-starter
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Project management expertise and experience in a process-centric, operational role
• Basic understanding of the music creative, production and distribution process
• Encyclopedic musical knowledge
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.