Manager, People Partner
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/27/2023 3:29:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Manager, People Partner jobs in New York-NY
Search all Manager, People Partner postings
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Manager, People Team
A little bit about our team:
The HR Business Partner role is part of a team that provides general HR support to both the US Finance organization and the US Workplace Experience Organization, including supporting Nashville Shared Service Center and Warner Music Nashville. This role will act as a hands-on partner for business leaders on all matters regarding HR and will provide day-to-day counsel and coaching on employee relations issues, organizational development and design, performance management, talent development, and compliance. This individual will act as a liaison to centralized HR functional areas such as compensation, benefits and staffing. The People Partner will also be a contributor and project manager on various people-focused initiatives.
The People Team Manager will act as a hands-on thought partner for business leaders on all matters regarding People and will provide day-to-day counsel and coaching on employee relations issues, organizational development and design, performance management, talent development, and compliance. This individual will act as a liaison to centralized HR functional areas such as compensation, benefits and talent acquisition. The People Team Manager will also be a contributor and project manager on various People initiatives.
Here you'll get to:
• Take a leadership role in driving culture transformation within your supported client groups.
• Act as a key influencer in driving change.
• Provide coaching to leaders on matters concerning performance development, employee relations and compliance.
• Provide day-to-day counsel on matters concerning employee relations, including performance improvement (disciplinary process), employee investigations, HR compliance, law, and government regulations. Supports consistency through policy interpretation, execution, documentation, and by following procedures & standards.
• Ensure consistent delivery of departmental processes in service to positive organizational impact and provide support to HR leadership.
• Works with HR Leaders to build and implement tailored learning and development roadmap
• Establish and keep strong, positive, consultative relationships by working closely with business leaders and other employees.
• Partners with department heads and the Legal department on to create, review, and administer employee contract agreements.
• Work with Talent Acquisition to translate hiring needs, and ensure the effective filling of entry-level, professional, and technical job openings.
• Under the direction of HR Leaders, drives Merit and Bonus processes.
• Works with the Nashville and New York HR teams to drive employee performance, morale and engagement through the effective delivery of day-to-day HR services, as well as through the effective roll-out and improvement of formal HR initiatives.
• Conducts research, contributes to projects and timelines, and participates as a hands-on contributor on teams and committees toward the successful completion of various HR Initiatives.
• Coordinates with Compensation on benchmarking and salary analysis for current employees and new hires.
• 3+ years experience as an HR generalist or equivalent.
• Experience conducting employee relations investigations.
• Strong project management skills.
• Must have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products; specifically Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
• Formal study in Human Resources, Employment Law, Psychology, Management, Business or a related field is preferred.
• Ability to coach leaders and make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, government regulation and law.
• We'd love it if you also had:
• The ability to coach leaders and to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, government regulation and law.
• A background in change management or organizational development
• Ability to communicate to groups in a confident, engaging and consistent manner.
About us: Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
Effective October 1st, this position will require being in the office 4 days a week. We believe that an in-office presence is critical for talent development, collaboration and building strong relationships.
Job Posting Ranges are included for NYC based an