Manager, Partnership Development, Digital Strategy
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Manager, Partnership Development, Digital Strategy & Business Development Group
WMG's Digital Strategy & Business Development team is responsible for leading the global deal negotiations with digital service providers on behalf of Warner Music Group. We strike deals with global distribution platforms in hopes of finding and growing audiences, growing monetization, and creating value for our labels and artists.
In this role, you will become a key liaison within our business development team, helping us drive value for us and several of our partners in the context of our commercial deals. The ideal candidate has business acumen, is scrappy, has an entrepreneurial mindset, loves following the latest trends in media technology, and can develop and translate business goals/KPIs into actionable steps to achieve growth.
• Become a key point of contact between the business development team, WMG labels, and 3rd parties with whom we have commercial relationships.
• Synthesize learnings from past deals and forward-looking research to assist in the development of a business development strategy aimed at driving value from WMG's current slate of external commercial deals.
• Work with external partners to develop new business models and economic structures related to new use cases.
• Set goals aimed at driving business metrics and KPIs and create presentations/reports to track progress against these goals, and provide updates to the EVP & VP of BD, as well as other WMG stakeholders.
• Drive presentations to communicate updates and evangelize findings to key WMG stakeholders (e.g., c-suite, label heads, etc.). Utilize visualization and data storytelling skillsets to create compelling data-driven materials and presentations to communicate the ''narrative'' of partners' strategies and the ongoing results.
• Maintain rolodex of current and potential partners and meet with them regularly.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-starter with proactive attitude, strong work ethic and aptitude in multi-tasking.
• Ability to manage projects while working collaboratively with individuals across many functional areas and disciplines.
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint and ability, as well as attention to detail.
• Interest in the music industry highly preferred.
• Ability to ''roll up your sleeves'' and execute in an entrepreneurial environment.
Education / Experience Required:
• Bachelor's Degree from a top university.
• 4-6 years of professional experience, including:
• At least 1 year at a start-up, media/digital technology or online/mobile music/video services.
• 1-2 years consulting, finance, or other corporate deal related experience preferred.