Warner Music GroupRemote, US
Full Time Job
Manager, OTC (TEMP)
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
OTC Manager – FIT
A little bit about our team:
The Finance Transformation (FIT) team is a group of professionals across the WMG organization brought together to re-imagine our processes and systems to establish more standardized and efficient ways of working that will drive WMG's growth and business aspirations.
Why this could be your next big break:
Reporting to the VP, Process Transformation- OTC, the Director will help further define the future state OTC processes and the measures that are aligned with the org. strategies, country specific knowledge and requirements. They will apply their experience in system implementation to capture opportunities, reviewing existing and best practice workflow, tools and data. The role moves through design, architect, implementation, go-live and the steady state with an ongoing focus on continuous improvement and integration of finance process into the overall WMG landscape.
Here you'll get to:
• Support the FIT team by guiding cross-functional and virtual teams in the review, design, development, standardization and implementation of global processes and procedures including credit risk management, sales order processing, revenue ingestion, invoicing, collections, dispute management, cash application and reporting.
• Facilitate process meetings with internal SMRs and third party vendors through design, implementation and go-live
• Help to generate buy-in from key WMG stakeholders across the globe by credibly communicating deep operating process and systems knowledge and an appreciation of the impact at a local level
• Attend and/or present in update meetings as required for tactical decision/issue/risk points.
• Work with stakeholders to ensure Product / Policy / Process / Procedure / System decisions take account of territory variances and business needs
• Partner with IT to identify integration points between existing systems and processes
• Partner with the People and Change Team to develop job aids, communications, training materials and approaches to embed new ways of working and systems training for the OTC area
• Act as a spokesperson across the WMG organization for the benefits delivered by the Finance Transformation
• Update relevant OTC documentation based on changes to global template (including SOPs, User Guides, training materials)
• Resolve/review OTC issues, risks and business impacts for the owned process
• Proactively and on on-going basis identify internal and external OTC best practices that will enable improvement of the standard end-to-end process
• Lead User Acceptance Testing program for scope, strategy and execution
• Design and execute cut-over and deployment plans
• Submit work stream reports for review weekly
• Well-rounded finance professional with experience directly engaging in high-volume transaction processing in credit, collections or billing areas in a large, global company
• Accounting or finance operations background with strong knowledge of internal controls, USGAAP/IFRS, accounts receivable and revenue recognition accounting principles, indirect taxes and exposure to ex-US/international operations in this area
• Solid knowledge of SAP S4 functionality in SD and or FSCM (User focus preferred, technical knowledge helpful but not required)
• Experience in systems implementations including design, development, testing, training, cut-over, stabilization, etc.
• Background in centralized service centers supporting financial operations for multiple legal entities spanning several business groups, regions, countries, languages, currencies, etc.
• Knowledgeable on change management theory and practice
• Experience in developing and refining management reporting tools using BI technology
• Demonstrated skills in financial process design, trouble-shooting and continuous improvement, especially in the area of revenue assurance and/or Order-to-Cash
• Background and familiarity with customer invoice indirect taxes in either Europe, Asia or Lain America where VAT tax compliance is required
• Facilitative style, with experience leading workshops and engaging stakeholders through a series of approaches that require a targeted level of consensus
• Stakeholder engagement and management skills with an ability to build global support within complex, multi-faceted organizations around a long-term vision
• Works well autonomously and as part of a time to accomplish objectives and generate deliverables in-line with program milestones and deadlines
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Process knowledge of Procure-to-Pay and Record-to-Report
• Banking and cash management supporting Order-to-Cash
• Functional experience specifically related to the UK, EU, Japan or Australia
• Service desk operations supporting IT and service centers
• Electronic billing knowledge for Latin America ad certain EU countries
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job a