Manager Or Sr. Manager, Digital Marketing
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/27/2023 12:30:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Manager Or Sr. Manager, Digital Marketing jobs in New York-NY
Search all Manager Or Sr. Manager, Digital Marketing postings
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
A little bit about our team:
ADA is the independent distribution and label services arm of Warner Music Group, breaking brand new artists and supporting industry legends. We bring the full passion and power of our people to every engagement, magnifying artists' impact and helping them build the career of their dreams.
ADA's Digital Marketing team is the heartbeat of its label services offering, partnering directly with artists, managers, and labels -- as well as cross-functional ADA and Warner teams -- to bring artist campaigns life and grow audience across social, streaming, CRM, and beyond. We are both creative cultural experts and meticulous digital operators, driven by a passion to optimize, innovate, educate, and empower in harmony with our indie partners.
ADA is looking for a strategic digital marketer with expertise in social content strategy to join the digital marketing team as Manager, Digital Marketing. The Manager, Digital Marketing will be responsible for developing comprehensive digital strategies for marketing releases from Label Services artists and distributed partners across genres and career stages. The position will manage a roster of projects and develop campaigns that create cultural conversation, build artist social followings and engagement, and drive music consumption. They will be both creatively-minded and analytically-driven, serving as experts in industry standards digital marketing music.
Here you'll get to:
• Develop digital marketing rollouts & campaign strategies to successfully grow music streams, video views, UGC, social media engagement, CRM/fan acquisition, and an overall digital creative vision for ADA Label Services partners
• Partner with artists and management to craft a social narrative and content strategy for each artist that elevates their brands and drives fandom, cultural conversation and music consumption.
• Craft, commission, and manage digital campaign budgets and plans for Label Services releases including content creation, advertising, influencer marketing, AR and custom web development
• Build and manage new and ongoing relationships with online partners, third-party marketing agencies, content creators, and influencers
• Monitor campaigns in real-time, making recommendations for continuous improvement. Create post-mortem analyses to quantify the impact of each campaign and measure effectiveness of each tactic.
• Assist with the development and optimization of online artist properties and communities (eg YouTube, TikTok, Discord, microsites) as applicable
• Work in conjunction with department head and ADA Digital Commerce team to develop marketing drivers to support opportunities with streaming services. Analyze consumption patterns on a track or artist level to inform tailored social campaigns to drive streaming.
• Collaborate with internal teams including ADA Commerce, Label Management/Marketing, Publicity, andn Sync to build cohesive cross-platform campaigns
• Secure artist promotional opportunities via internal WMX O&O media and IMGN digital outlets
• Maintain expert level knowledge of social platforms and social content strategies with a deep understanding of how to use each platform to drive engagement and consumption. Define engagement and audience growth goals and create a roadmap to reach those goals
• Recommend new digital tools and partnerships for Label Services artists and label clients, including both platforms, insights, and marketing tools, as well as partnerships with upcoming sites/services.
• Communicate product updates and best practices to artists, managers. and internal stakeholders.
• Build and maintain relationships with social media platform representatives and participate in regular update meetings as led by department head
• Conceive and manage campaign strategies for ADA's social and digital brand presence
• You have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• You have a minimum of 3+ years professional experience in digital/social media marketing in the music industry
• You have outstanding organizational and communication skills and expertise in social media content strategy
• You have a passion for technology, socials, music, and fan-focused digital strategies
• You have your finger on the pulse of current social media and pop culture trends and values, especially amongst Gen Z consumers
• You build and maintain relationships
• A problem-solving attitude to get it done, no matter the challenge
• The ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• Strong background in digital strategy, with duties at previous employers that included day-to-day work in this area
• Ability to work on tight timeframes and move projects forward with limited assets
• Demonstrate leadership in team discussions and client meetings
• A deep understanding of interactive technologies and communication tools, including:
• Website strategy
• Email/CRM strategy
We'd love it if you also had:
• Graphic design (eg. Canva, Photoshop) and video editing skills (eg. FinalCut, Premiere, Capcut)
• Familiarity with file sharing applications, rippers, converters, encoders, etc
• Experience using project management software (eg Airtable or Asana)
• Experience analyzing and communicating data and insights trends (eg Chartmetric, CrowdTangle, Spotify for Artists)
• Knowledge of web3, NFT's and cryptocurrency marketing
Effective October 1st, this position will require being in the office 4 days a week. We believe that an in-office presence is critical for talent development, collaboration and building strong relationships.
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, W