Manager Of Business Solutions & Development For Legal Shared Services
Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to be a part of one of the most influential forces of culture today.
Job Title: Manager of Business Solutions & Development for Legal Shared Services
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music Group's Center of Excellence is the home to the financial, legal and administrative functions that provide critical support and best-in-class services to our U.S. Recorded Music and Publishing businesses. The Nashville center embodies the innovative and creative spirit that stems from the company's deep history in nurturing entrepreneurial thinking and artist-focused innovation, enabling our employees to develop a wide range of skills through cross-function collaboration and development opportunities.
The Manager of Business Solutions & Development will work with members of Legal Shared Services which is comprised of the Publishing Licensing & Royalties teams, Legal, and Audit. In this role, you will be reporting to the SVP of Publishing Administration and will work closely with the SVP & Head of Legal Shared Services to assist in data strategy development and enhance processes for Legal Shared Services.
Here you'll get to:
• Identify, architect, develop, and test approved company technologies to generate new workflow, process and system efficiencies for Legal Shared Services
• Maintain and provide user support for new and established business solutions or systems, including but not limited to customized portals, automations, reports, dashboards, and document management systems
• Act as the liaison between Publishing and IT for WMG's internal copyright system including the identification, documentation, and submission of system bugs and enhancement tickets
• Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
• Leverage tools available for analytics and transform big data into dashboard KPI's providing meaningful business insights
• Maintain, update, and create documentation for new workflows, processes and systems
• Train Legal Shared Services team members on new processes or how to use new technologies
• Act as a WMG representative in DDEX and music data exchange meetings
• Provide SharePoint support as needed for Legal Shared Services
• Provide ad-hoc reporting metrics designed to meet specific departmental goals and objectives
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Business, Information Systems, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or technical field
• 5+ years of advanced Microsoft Excel experience – including developing advanced macros using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, time management, and organizational skills
• High degree of self-motivation and responsibility for/ownership of tasks, with the ability to handle high volume of administrative work with accurate execution
• Show excellent professional communication skills and etiquette, both written and verbal
• Ability to adhere to deadlines, execute tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments
• Motivation and high desire to learn new skillsets and grasp concepts effectively and efficiently
• Excellent problem solving, issue identification, and technical documentation skills
• Ability to manage large data sets and navigate complex systems to identify and leverage the available toolsets to optimize processes
• Demonstrate the ability to achieve desired results, manage multiple priorities, and meeting deadlines
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Experience with data visualization software including PowerBI, etc.
• Experience with workflow tools like MS Flow, SharePoint, etc.
• Music industry experience
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.