Manager, New Media and Business Development
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, New Media and Business Development
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Warner Chappell is seeking a highly motivated, individual who is interested in developing relationships across new media content creators and brands to join our Creative Services team.
A little bit about our team:
The Creative Services team collaborates closely with departments and teams across Warner Music Group and works to amplify our iconic songwriters and legacy catalogs through non-traditional opportunity and IP development.
Why this could be your next big break:
This new role is a great opportunity for someone passionate about the intersection between music, technology and brands and who can actively bring in and develop strategic relationships across the new landscape of content creators and media.
Here you'll get to:
• Team with new media, technology and brand companies and content creators who own their own music, for us to administer their music rights and develop music partnerships.
• Leverage our songwriters, composers, iconic catalog and production music business for integration across their music strategy.
• Independently manage creative projects and deal process effectively from ideation to execution, while collaborating closely with the rest of the team and within requirements, processes and expected results.
• Have in depth knowledge across cutting edge technology and find the intersection with music publishing business.
• Collaborate closely within Creative Services and across Warner Chappell departments and global teams (Administration, Digital, Legal, A&R and Sync) to understand nuances across the publishing business and how they affect potential deals and partnerships.
• Develop and manage a high volume of creative accounts, projects, timelines, and deliverables.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Work with international media partners with flexible hours.
• Use Microsoft Office suite products, Slack, and can learn new project management tools effectively.
• Be personable with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally across the business.
• Prioritize and manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment while adhering to shifting deadlines and needs.
• Find new and exciting areas of opportunity to develop and create partnerships.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A love for music while staying on the cutting edge of new media and technology.
• Self-motivation and organization skills.
• The ability to be business savvy, strategic and innovative.
• Strong communication and presentation skills, written and verbal in a highly collaborative environment.
• Music publishing knowledge a plus, but not required.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their
career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2020 Warner Music Inc.