Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/11/2020 2:30:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Manager, Licensing jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Manager, Licensing postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Licensing? Manager, Licensing
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Synchronization team at Warner Chappell Music.
Job Title: Manager, Licensing
A little bit about our team:
Warner Chappell Music, the global music publishing company of Warner Music Group, is home to a wide array of legendary songwriters and a rich catalog of contemporary hits and influential standards. With offices in more than 40 countries, Warner Chappell Music provides a deep expertise across a range of creative services and the most innovative opportunities for songwriters and copyright holders. With a history dating back more than 200 years, Warner Chappell Music currently publishes and administers music from Lizzo, Lil Jon, Madonna, Smashing Pumpkins, Justin Tranter, George Michael, Cranberries, Lil Wayne, Rae Sremmurd, Led Zeppelin, Kacey Musgraves, Chris Stapleton, Eric Clapton, Duran Duran, Gamble & Huff, Green Day, Katy Perry, Annapurna, Miramax Films, Muse, Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Stephen Sondheim, Cole Porter, among many others.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Synchronization department represents music publishing rights and offers clients a comprehensive licensing service. They work to serve songwriters by strategically developing new opportunities in film, television, advertising, video games, and new media.
Here you'll get to:
• Manage and obtain approvals, when necessary, and provide quotes for synchronization requests including, but not limited to: commercials, films, television, live-streaming concerts, new media, documentaries, student films, DVDS, etc.
• Perform research duties of the Company's rights to songs and clears copyright provisions, songs, and may obtain permission for use.
• Assist in copyright research ''groundwork'' as it pertains to synchronization license and requests from foreign territories.
• Coordinate and confer with Company's internal departments as well as outside parties to include, but not limited to, co-publishers, copyright owners, composers, their managers and/or attorneys, regarding clearance, ownership, and financial procedures and fees.
• Manage and is responsible for handling both telephone and correspondence from parties requesting fee quotations and license requests for use of Company products contained in the catalogue.
• Maintain records such as logs, files, and deals.
• Review licenses within own specific area.
• Make suggestions for use of alternate songs in the Company's catalogue when clearances are not available for the original request.
• Attend meetings and conferences both within and outside the Company relative to the department's operation.
• Handle and safeguard confidential and proprietary information.
• Must be able to effectively communicate internally and/or externally in a manner consistent with the company's Code of Conduct and core values.
• Must be able to come to work on time without restriction as to time commitment.
• Must be able to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
• Must be able to perform all diverse physical tasks necessary to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
Must be able to work at and utilize all necessary functions of a computer in order to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
Rockstar candidates will have:
• Must have general computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of general business practices; demonstrate a high level of customer service engagement, both via email and phone..
• Possess a strong work ethic.
• Strong organization skills and pay high attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
• Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments.
• Produce quality work and be accountable.
• Manage time.
• Ability to work well in team.
• Demonstrate ability to be innovative and suggest change/improvements within scope of work.
• Anticipates needs and creates efficient and effective processes.
• Self-starter, self-motivated, and takes responsibility/ownership of tasks; thinks outside the box proactively, strategically and analytically.
• Consistently takes initiative.
• Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A baccalaureate degree required, preferably augmented by coursework in music business and/or related fields. A minimum of one (1) to (2) years of relevant experience within a Film/TV department, preferably in a music publishing company.
• A satisfactory equivalent in education, training and experience in related fields and/or educational.
Why join us:
Warner Music Group is all about our community. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. WMG will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box).
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company's Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee's religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2020 Warner Music Inc. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.