Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Licensing team at Warner Music Group.
Manager, Publishing Licensing
A little bit about our team:
The U.S. Shared Services Publishing Licensing Team provides rights assessment and other licensing and related administrative services to each of Warner's U.S. record labels, along with those labels and affiliates based outside the U.S. that wish to release records or recordings in the U.S. The Licensing Team is responsible for negotiating and securing mechanical licenses from music publishers and paying those copyright owners the corresponding rates, advances, fees, and other royalties in an accurate and timely manner. The Sr. Administrator of Licensing will have at least two team members to lead and manage and will assist in data strategy development and enhance processes for the Publishing Team.
Members of the Publishing Team work closely with the A&R, A&R Admin, Business & Legal Affairs, Data Operations, Finance, Production, New Media, and Marketing & Promotions departments of each label client to fulfill the above-referenced responsibilities for the recordings and record those labels release.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Manager of Licensing will have the unique opportunity to work at the most progressive record label in the music industry. In this role, you will have the opportunity to help develop and maintain business solutions for the Licensing Team, establish relationships with music publishers, and collaborate with all business units in U.S. Shared Services as well as our label mates.
Here you'll get to:
• Review production schedules for upcoming releases in order to manage priorities for team members;
• Work with label counterparts to obtain artist recording agreements, album track lists and songwriter credit, and production schedules;
• Analyze royalty provisions in Warner's agreements with its recording artists and producers and in other agreements between songwriters and their publishing companies and administrators;
• Respond to inquiries from music publishers and other music publishing rights administrators regarding licensing and clearances;
• Manage team members to ensure the relevant clearances, rate calculations and publisher ownerships are set up accurately in Warner's internal copyright system;
• Perform any other duties and tasks related to the Department's role and responsibilities that might be assigned by Senior Management Team from time to time;
• Evaluate and implement ways to streamline business processes and deliver with accuracy and punctuality between Licensing and Royalties, Finance, and Legal Affairs.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Candidates for this position must be able to work well independently and as part of a team;
• Candidates must have strong computer skills, including strong data entry and data analysis skills (with an emphasis on accuracy and problem-solving) and strong proficiency using Excel, including pivot tables and vlookups; familiarity with Microsoft Access and SharePoint applications are strongly preferred, but not required;
• Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Candidate must possess excellent analytical, mathematical and organizational skills and have exceptional attention to detail;
• Candidate must
• Candidate must demonstrate the ability to achieve desired results;
• Candidate must be able to meet deadlines consistently and effectively while working under pressure; and
• Candidate must be able to manage multiple assignments at any given time and prioritize them effectively and appropriately.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum 2 years' experience managing multiple individuals.
• Minimum 3+ years' experience working in a position or positions involving the administration of mechanical or other publishing royalties.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.