Manager, Library Services
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
Manager, Library Services
A little bit about our team: Global Asset Management is responsible for the management of master assets across all of WMG. This includes audio, video, photographic, and art assets used in the production of WMG products. Global Asset Management is also responsible for the quality control, and distribution of assets that feed the physical and digital supply chain, including current releases and legacy content. This department has the additional responsibility of maintaining the high quality of digitization standards across all media types as well as a high quality of data integrity that allows for the swift location and deployment of assets on the behalf of WMG.
Your role: As Manager of Library Services, you will oversee management of assets created by WMG artists and labels for new releases and legacy content. This includes some of the most influential artists of all time ranging from Jazz and Soul legends of the 1950's to tomorrow's next hit single. You will lead a team responsible for the safe keeping, preservation, and accessibility of WMG's master assets with a focus on superior customer service and asset preservation. Here you will represent one of the largest music archives in existence and a company that continues to grow and thrive in today's industry.
Here you'll get to:
• You will interact with WMG departments around the world including A&R, Studios, Video Production, Release Operations, Sync Licensing, Brand Partnerships, Legal and more
• You will oversee daily asset requests prioritizing projects and delegating to team members
• You will provide team guidance, support, and training
• You will receive and archive audio masters for new releases
• You will support Immersive Audio production delivering sources and receiving new mixes to archive and distribute to WMG studios for digital supply chain integration
• You will research and provide best available audio and video sources for different product types (digital, CD, vinyl, etc.) ensuring assets provided are of the highest quality and ideal for the intended use.
• You will perform asset research for business development initiatives (e.g., Dolby Atmos and high-resolution offerings)
• You will coordinate digital transfers of master tapes involving database research and asset review to determine which sources are masters to coordinate digitization
• You will arrange file delivery to requestors and create archival backups
• You will perform light audio engineering tasks such as file conversion, simple editing, and DAT transfers
• You will catalog assets into WMG's archive database and will upload content to DAM systems
• You will assist with database and platform development including User Acceptance Testing
• You will support implementation of archival standards and operational procedures
• You will check-in and check-out physical assets and assist with retrieval.Requires ability to lift objects up to 25lbs daily while using ladders to retrieve assets from shelves.
• You have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• You can demonstrate composure and a strong work ethic
• You can lead by example and promote a work environment where employees can excel
• You can provide guidance to employees and develop workflows promoting efficiency and productivity
• You have outstanding organizational skills and strong attention to detail
• You have at least 1-2 years' experience in audio or video production with an understanding of production processes and commonly used terminology
• You have knowledge of digital audio and video master types
• You have knowledge of legacy audio and video formats
• You have strong technical abilities and are proficient with Pro Tools
• You can troubleshoot technical issues and provide assistance to others
• You have great time management skills and thrive working in a fast-paced environment
• You are adaptable and efficiently prioritize workload and responsibilities
• You are comfortable working on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
• You are self-motivated
• You enjoy research projects
• You enjoy working both independently and in a team environment
• You have experience retrieving files from servers, hard drives, DVROMs and other media
• You have experience working with databases and Digital Asset Management systems
We'd love it if you also had:
• A degree in Library Sciences or Business Administration
• Experience managing a team
• Experience working in an archive or library
• Music industry work experience
• Knowledge of Digital Asset Management systems
• Historical knowledge of WMG artists and Labels