Manager, International Release Operations
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
A little bit about our team:
Our team sets up, schedules and gets all the pieces in place for new digital releases to be delivered to digital service providers like Spotify and Apple, among others. We do the same to get Vinyl and CD products manufactured. This role is focused on servicing all foreign affiliates/licensees with Warner Records Production information for these releases. You would be working closely with fellow team members who handle scheduling and traffic as well as key label personnel. Your work will be vital to having ensuring that our affiliates are able to release all digital and physical products for U.S. repertoire.
Your work will drive many areas like whether digital products get released at Spotify in the UK on time. You will be part of a team of professionals but will have responsibility for your own projects, handle multiple tasks and juggle various priorities.
Here you'll get to:
• Manage production staff dedicated to international new release product for Warner Records and affiliate labels.
• Supervise international parts fulfillment staff dedicated to Warner Records, Nonesuch, Rhino and affiliate labels.
• Advise on process/procedure changes with affiliate territories and label International Departments.
• Liaise with label International Dept., worldwide marketing and production teams, as well as Artist Management, to develop and facilitate International releases of US repertoire.
• Oversee all Warner Records & Sub-labels International Production.
• Responsible for monitoring album and singles schedules to keep track of deadlines and projects for Warner Records International releases of U.S. repertoire.
• Advise International Marketing Department, Release Operations Department, affiliates and manufacturing plants of art, and audio/video deadlines.
• Review and provide feedback to Scheduling and Special Project team.
• Inspect International samples of printed materials and labels for adherence to expected quality levels.
• Track all art, audio and video source deliverables.
• Confirm approved scheduling lines for territories outside of the U.S. and communicate with Central Scheduling team to ensure that release dates are properly scheduled.
• Troubleshoot issues with international Inventory Management, International Marketing and Release Operations personnel
• Track and place international orders for U.S. product.
• Set export price exceptions for U.S. product sold into international territories.
• You have strong attention to detail.
• You have outstanding organizational skills with the ability to prioritize your workload.
• You have the ability to turn last minute projects around quickly on a tight deadline.
• You have excellent communication skills.
• You are a self-starter who can keep track of multiple deadlines.
We'd love it if you also had:
• Previous international operations experience in the music industry.
• Knowledge of music industry physical and digital supply chains.
• Experience with Desktop Publishing programs, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
• Experience with SAP.
• A college degree or relevant work experience preferred
• Four years music industry experience
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.