Manager, Global Risk Management
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/10/2022 10:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Manager, Global Risk Management jobs in New York-NY
Search all Manager, Global Risk Management postings
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
Manager, Global Risk Management
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Music Group Internal Audit vision is to provide high quality assurance and advisory services in a dynamic, innovative, and impactful way. Our work includes SOX, operational audits, and proactive risk management for the business. The Internal Audit department partners with the business to focus on the most important risks and issues facing the organization and delivers results that will make the biggest positive impact. We strive to be valuable business advisors that provide meaningful insights and solutions, not just information and recommendations. We continuously look for ways to improve our audit and risk management processes and leverage technology to maximize our impact. Our success is measured by the amount of internal control improvement, risk mitigation, and overall positive change that we drive across the organization.
Our department has two pillars: A Global Risk Management pillar, and a traditional audit and SOX pillar. Our work within the Global Risk Management pillar includes risk assessment procedures, assisting in the development of policies and guidance around key risk areas, training and changing how the organization interacts with risk, and review / audit of key risk projects within the organization (e.g., system implementations, process transformations, acquisitions, information security projects, etc.).
We are seeking a dynamic and agile Manager of Global Risk Management to facilitate the continued growth of our service offerings to the organization. In this role, you will be on the ground floor of helping to create meaningful pragmatic guidance for our organization to reduce risk. This role will report to the Global Risk Management Director at WMG's New York headquarters and play a key role in supporting the function by conducting risk assessments and delivering and executing projects on a dynamic plan. The Manager of Global Risk Management will assess and lead reviews of high-risk projects across our organization, collaborate on pragmatic risk mitigation actions, and monitor risk mitigation activities agreed upon with management. This role will give you the opportunity to apply your audit skills in a unique and collaborative way and learn all aspects of the music business first-hand by working with our Warner Music Group affiliates around the world. The ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal and project management skills, a strong work ethic, and the ability to influence decision making at a senior level. High performing individuals will have the opportunity to grow their careers within the department or explore other future opportunities within WMG that fit their career goals.
Here you'll get to:
• Support the evolution of a centralized Global Risk Management process;
• Assist in determining the approach for reviews using a risk-based methodology that achieves timely and high-quality results;
• Perform advisory and assurance engagements from planning through fieldwork and reporting;
• Prepare high-quality deliverables, including reports and presentations, to be shared with key internal stakeholders and external auditors;
• Partner with various business functions to facilitate information requests during reviews;
• Track key program deliverables and shift resources as necessary based on changes in priority or senior leadership requests;
• Communicate risk mitigation actions timely, and track the follow-up and implementation of these actions until they are completed;
• Support in driving education and awareness of risk across the organization through periodic communication and training;
• Participate in special projects and other tasks as assigned by the Chief Audit Executive or Senior Director of Global Risk Management.
• Demonstrate an understanding of enterprise risk management, risk assessment, ICFR, GAAP, COSO, and leading industry / business practices;
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, including listening, verbal, written, and presentation, with the ability to communicate effectively within various levels of the company;
• Display strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve complex issues;
• Demonstrate an attention to detail, strong organizational skills, a tolerance for uncertainty, and an ability to be agile and adaptable with evolving business needs;
• Exhibit the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously and independently;
• Display a high standard of ethics and professionalism; and
• Travel domestically and internationally as needed.
We'd love it if you also had:
• A bachelor or advanced degree in accounting, finance, or related field;
• 5+ years of experience overall in some combination of public accounting, enterprise risk management, and / or risk advisory role within a multinational organization;
• Professional certification (CPA, CA, and/or CIA);
• Project management certification (PMP, BPM or Six Sigma);
• Global / Enterprise Risk Management experience;
• Experience with SAP S4, Oracle Financials, Microsoft Office applications, or Tableau and other competencies such as cloud comput