Manager, Global Brand Licensing
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
A little bit about our team:
The Global Retail & Licensing team service the merchandise interests of Warner Music Group's (WMG) artists, as well as 'Third Party' artists and licenses. We live at the crossroads of music and fashion. A variety of personalities, we are a small but mighty team that is nimble, proactive, and not shy to find and secure deals for our artists . The team is commercially focused, passionate and you will play a key role in taking the business to the next level. This role will be working with the entire team in varied capacities and across the diverse roster that include artists such as Lizzo, Logic, Grateful Dead and Green Day.
No day is the same on this team as we serve a diverse roster of artists and coordinate with a multitude and varied list of outside partners. Due to the small nature of the team, everyone has a voice and the ability to contribute ideas. In a changing landscape, this is an opportunity to learn many aspects of the music industry beyond just the music; an opportunity to touch and feel an artist's vision; an opportunity to see ideas come to life and the fans appreciation in real time.
Here you'll get to:
• You will be the primary contact for all licensees as instructed by the Director on the team in terms of daily communication and will be tasked in monitoring the business and ensuring growth be it in revenue or in market share and awareness.
• You will be actively soliciting new business and will be expected to do so in any effective manner necessary be it in attending trade shows, exhibiting, scouring industry trades, researching via social media, etc.
• You may or may not be managing at least 1 direct report and be responsible for their growth, development, and day to day work.
• You will work with the Coordinator to serve as the senior support product development liaison across all license partner, tracking development through marketing, advertising, promotional and retail point of sales materials.
• You, with the support of the Coordinator, will ensure all your licensees are contractually compliant in regard to product and retail development, royalty reporting, and forecasting.
• You will be comfortable working independently when necessary.
• You will be working closely with the legal team and the Director on the team to ensure proper negotiation and execution of all licensing contracts.
• You will be regularly communicating with team members on ongoing special projects, participate in brainstorms, proactively research trends, and be a vocal and contributing member of the team.
• You will be liaising with your international counterparts regularly, help usher through any deals they bring to the table for US repertoire, and offer best practices with key artists.
• You will be responsible along with the team Coordinator for overseeing the creation and maintenance of sales materials such as onesheets, the welcome kit for new partners, and monthly newsletters and will be hands on with any necessary specific pitch presentation decks as it relates to soliciting new business.
• You will be a representative of the Brand Licensing Team as well as the broader Artist Experiences team and therefore be expected to be able to communicate strategies externally as well as actively consider synergies and broader opportunities for the whole department when considering new partners.
• You will look to current trends, articles, and exciting new product ideas in both the physical and digital world to contribute as an active participant in brainstorms with the team.
• You have past experience that exhibits your independent thinking, high personal standards, creative eye, and ability to work on a team.
• You have the ability to multi-task on a variety of projects simultaneously and change direction as need be.
• You have strong verbal and written communication and problem-solving skills.
• You have an eye for detail, a passion for the work, a proactive spirit and willingness to learn.
• You have proficiency in Microsoft Office suite specifically PowerPoint.
• You have a good handle on social media, are up on lifestyle trends, but can also rock an Excel document if need be.
We'd love it if you also had:
• College Degree preferred or equivalent business experience
• At least 1-2 years experience
• Experience in the licensing, marketing, product, music and/or entertainment industry.
• Relationships or previous experience working with lifestyle brands
• You have worked with Flowhaven before
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP.
You will be part of WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
$62,400 - $75,000 Annual