Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
The FP&A department will provide coordination and support for all analysis groups throughout WMG. The department will partner on a wide array of analysis across all divisions including recorded music/music publishing deals (i.e. A&R, Licensing, JV/Profit Share, Administration, M&A), corporate (i.e. business development), operating performance/delivery tracking, market/competitive analysis, risk management, strategic opportunities and ad-hoc projects as needed.
High Level Job Description: The manager of FP&A will be responsible for supporting ongoing central financial planning and analysis, as well as viewing initiatives through a financial lens in a strategic planning capacity. The broad group is responsible for providing financial and strategic support for all of WMG segments (Corporate, Recorded Music, Music Publishing).
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
• Assist in developing financial models and strategic assessments to address key business issues, e.g. evaluation of new business models; key deals and post mortem analyses; market analyses; media landscape overviews; programming and content deals; business and operational planning; valuation of internal assets; ROI analyses of WMG's investments in new businesses and technologies, etc.
• Support WMG's global target and budget process, including evaluating global music market forecasts by territory, quantifying investment opportunities and returns, accounting for financial impact of various operational events/decisions, and project managing process deadlines and deliverables
• Support central financial operations, including current fiscal year delivery plan, internal cost and margin analysis, and multi-year internal financial models
• Act as liaison between various departments for cross-functional projects
• Provide ad hoc analyses and presentations for senior management
• Provide support for CEO/CFO, board presentations, valuations, etc.
• Assist in approval process of affiliate deals, including preparation and submission of transaction summaries
• Support the development and updates to performance dashboards and management reporting tools
• Prepare ad hoc reports and ongoing analyses to understand key drivers and variances across all business units' operations
• Liaise affiliates to provide project management support, including conducting analyses and preparing presentation materials
• Strong understanding of finance and cash flow concepts/principles in conjunction with excellent verbal, analytical, written and interpersonal skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to identify and solve problems; critical thinking skills
• Sophisticated financial modeling skills and PowerPoint/presentation skills; ability to create new models as well as 'refresh' existing financial models
• Ability to deliver value added analyses to senior management
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate with senior level management team
• Self-starter with a strong desire to learn and develop
• Ability to work independently as well as to work as part of a team; handle multiple tasks simultaneously, while working with a sense of urgency to meet assigned deadlines
• BA in Finance
• 4-6 years of finance-related experience in corporate finance, investment banking, private equity, consulting, business development, or other analytic role
• Knowledge of music/media industry strong plus
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Form Updated: 7/23/2020
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.