Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about our team:
ADA Worldwide strives to provide independent artist and label partners with access to the resources, relationships and experience required to share their creative vision with a global audience. We honor our diverse history and embrace the future with unwavering passion & ambition. As the independent label arm of Warner Music Group, Finance Managers are key team members helping ADA achieve their mission through collaborative efforts with the legal, marketing, promotion, label management, corporate and shared services teams.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Finance Manager will be an integral member of the team, working closely within Finance as well as across departments and business units at Warner Music Group, gaining invaluable exposure to various elements of a music company. Everyone at ADA is given the opportunity to get involved in special projects and will have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the ADA business.
Here you'll get to:
• Create & review financial reports for the monthly reporting package
• Prepare, review, and approve monthly journal entries
• Update and maintain P&L and forecast schedules
• Support Finance and Accounting teams with quarterly deliverables for CFO and Corporate Finance
• Construct financial models and supporting schedules for analysis of new business ventures
• Analyze internal & external partner data to communicate key trends in the distributed music space
• Support internal teams with generation of reporting for outbound 3rd party statements
• Maintain and develop relationships with our roster of distributed artists & labels
• Coordinate with Label Managers, Operations, and Marketing teams to administer, monitor, and review marketing campaigns
• Participate in special projects and assignments
• You have a Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
• You have 4-6 years of experience in a finance or accounting role
• You have experience in the media & entertainment industry
• You have worked with SAP, HFM, Tableau, and have advance knowledge of Excel
• You enjoy working in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
• You have a proven track record of financial analysis and strong communication skills
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A CPA or MBA
• Experience working independently, managing competing priorities and problem solving
• The ability to quickly grasp new concepts and take initiative
• A passion for music
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG's Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville. WMG's music publishing arm, Warner Chappell Music, has a catalog of more than 1.4 million musical compositions spanning every musical genre, from the standards of the Great American Songbook to the biggest hits of the 21st century.
Warner Music Group is also home to WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic), the pioneering distribution and marketing network, and ADA (Alternative Distribution Alliance), the independent artist and label services company, as well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.