Manager, Fan Engagement
Warner Music GroupBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Fan Engagement
Job Title: Manager, Fan Engagement (Digital Marketing/Social Media)
A little bit about our team:
Warner Bros. Records is home to some of the most influential and innovative artists of our time. Our extraordinary roster of new and established recording artists is unparalleled, and our collective influence on music culture is without precedent. With a visionary approach toward discovering and nurturing musical talent, the Warner Bros. Records family of labels is currently home to an impressive generation of major artists.
The mission of the Fan Engagement department (should you choose to accept it) is to acquire, engage, and retain fans across our digital ecosystems. We approach Digital Marketing in a fan-first, content-driven way and act as a 'creative agency' within the label. The team is responsible for any digital property that speaks directly to fans: social media, websites, email/CRM, mobile apps, and emerging technologies. Using content and creative marketing strategies, the Fan Engagement team keeps fans deeply connected to and invested in our artists.
Why this could be your next big break:
Do you have killer social media skills, a passion for content, and a deep knowledge of all things digital? Can you take a campaign strategy from an idea on a whiteboard to a fully executed plan? Are digital best practices your best friend? Do you have a track record of delivering compelling, fan-centric digital marketing campaigns and an unmatched drive for creative excellence? Can you balance originality with the need to meet deadlines and bring to life a music artist's vision?
Then WBR is the place for you!
WBR is seeking an experienced and talented Fan Engagement manager to join our team. This role will strategize and execute compelling, artist-specific campaigns across all consumer-facing online touchpoints (websites, email, social media platforms, etc). They will have a high degree of visibility across all company departments, artists, managers, and platform partners. They will manage timelines, budgets, content, influencers, and goals across a roster of 15-20 artists. Clear communication, excellent project management skills, and the ability to multi-task is a must!
Here you'll get to:
• Oversee the day-to-day social media, website, and email accounts for a designated roster of WBR artists
• Develop, launch, and analyze digital campaigns for WBR artists, from inception through post-launch/sustain
• Manage goals, strategy, and budget for each artist
• Work closely and collaboratively with management and internal departments to champion social-first ideas, develop editorial calendars, and execute integrated global activations
• Develop and execute paid advertising campaigns
• Collaborate with internal teams, including Commercial Sales, Marketing, Brand Licensing, Video Creation, and Publicity
• Develop goals and performance metrics for campaigns, partnering with Analytics teams to derive insights about our artists and implement best practices
• Oversee creative ideation and development to deliver innovative, best-in-class campaigns for our artists and their fans
• Partner with social platforms to identify new opportunities and develop creative activations
• Monitor campaigns regularly to understand effectiveness of strategy, making recommendations for continuous improvement
• Report weekly to senior staff and managers, providing actionable insights and campaign updates
• Work with web/mobile development team to ensure consistent and impactful messaging across all web and mobile properties
• Build and maintain relationships with social media platform representatives and participate in regular update meetings
• Build and maintain relationships with artists and managers, including communicating product updates and best practices
• Continuously ideate and innovate within the social and digital space
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• 2-3 years professional experience in social media/digital marketing, preferably with a creative agency or entertainment company
• Prior experience working across social channels, with email and web platforms, and on paid social media campaigns
• Proven ability to build, execute and scale digital campaigns on a global level
• In-depth knowledge of social media platforms, email/CRM and web best practices
• Strong organizational, project management, and decision-making skills with added attention to details and deadlines
• Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with both creative- and business-oriented colleagues and partners
• Creative thinker with passion for developing and delivering big ideas for our artists
• Ability to think strategically but still execute tactically
• Extreme attention to detail with relentlessly high standards
• Innate willingness to roll up your sleeves and get the job done
• Operates with significant autonomy
• Bachelor's Degree
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Copywriting knowledge
• Experience using Photoshop to edit and resize images
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.