Manager/ Director, International Marketing
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Manager/ Director, International Marketing
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG's Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville. WMG's music publishing arm, Warner Chappell Music, has a catalog of more than 1.4 million musical compositions spanning every musical genre, from the standards of the Great American Songbook to the biggest hits of the 21st century. Warner Music Group is also home to WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic), the pioneering distribution and marketing network, and ADA, the independent artist and label services company, as well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after 'INTERNATIONAL MARKETING ' team at 'ATLANTIC RECORDS '.
Position: Manager/Director, International Marketing
A little bit about our team:
The international marketing department at Atlantic Records serves as the marketing liaison between Atlantic domestic marketing teams, Warner Music's global territory offices (outside of the U.S.) and artist management. To maximize sales and revenue for Atlantic Records repertoire, via marketing & promotional planning and execution, throughout the world outside of the US (including Canada). It is our goal to establish our recording artists in each one of our international affiliate markets and support the development of their profile, local awareness and sales.
Why this could be your next big break:
You want an incredible education in how the global music business works. You love to travel. You love how music dovetails into different cultures all over the world. You want to help develop your artists careers outside of the USA. This person has a deep knowledge and understanding of the hip-hop and R&B space and culture. This position will be responsible for spearheading strategic international marketing and commerce campaigns for audio and video releases, for a defined roster of Atlantic artists, across all 50+ Warner Music Group affiliates and licensees. Will also act as liaison between artists, managers, and Atlantic Records International affiliates.
Here you'll get to:
• Have your own roster of artists from Atlantic Record's repertoire that you will be responsible for.
• Develop unique and bespoke marketing plans that are tailored to each individual artist with knowledge of marketplace, genre, and available resources.
• Be responsible for building a strategy and plans to develop artist's careers outside the USA.
• Get to know a LOT about streaming, radio, fan engagement, digital marketing, publicity and more. How all these things work in all music markets around the world and how we can use them all to effectively build an artist's career – locally and globally.
• Travel with your artists on promo trips to Europe, Asia, Australia, Latin America, Canada.
• Be part of a close-knit team that will support your growth and help you succeed.
• Build a global network of friends and colleagues
• Initiate and execute creation of physical and digital product to generate revenue, increase perceived value, and enhance consumer experience.
• Supply affiliates with all marketing tools for the U.S. originated releases, including but not limited to: press releases, press photos, bios, label copy, sales sheets, album covers, music videos, advertising assets, as well as customizing these as needed, and custom assets from scratch.
• Work with artist management and affiliates to instigate, coordinate and approve all international press and promotion.
• Communicate priorities and general releases to the world through e-mail updates, contributions to the international newsletter, direct and conference calls and release schedules for both audio and video products.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Have a knowledge and passion of various music genres, specifically black music, and the ability to work with all of them and adjust strategies accordingly.
• Have a deep understanding of the Atlantic Roster, especially artists in the Hip-hop and R&B space
• Possess a fresh and current perspective on marketing approaches for artists at all levels of their career.
• Build a strategic view for your artists, matched with an ability to get in the weeds and execute plans.
• Ability to balance nuanced conversations between the domestic team, artists & managers and affiliates.
• Demonstrate a desire to continue to learn, grow and adapt with the rapidly changing industry
• Possess an in-depth knowledge of urban music culture, trends, and creator communities
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Experience managing your own roster of artists.
• Recent experience within a marketing team at a label.
• Passion for music and understanding of business.
• A passport!
• 4-7 years professional experience in music marketing. Preferably international music marketing.
• In depth knowledge of all social media platforms and analytics & streaming services.
• Strong organizational and project management skills with added attention to details and deadlines
• Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with both creative and business-oriented colleagues and partners
• Demonstrate a proven experience of juggling several projects to meet strict deadlines.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2020 Warner Music Inc.