Manager / Director, A&R Administration
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Manager/Director, A&R Administration
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after 'A&R Administration' team at 'Atlantic Records'.
Job Title: Manager/Director, A&R Administration (title commensurate with experience)
A little bit about our team:
The intersection of A&R, Business Affairs and Finance, A&R Administration oversees the recording process from a business perspective. This includes administering all A&R related budgets and handling recording related legal issues and logistics. Further, the department serves as the primary interface between A&R/Marketing/Legal and Production in the creation and release of all commercial and promotional products. This position reports to the EVP of A&R Operations.
Why this could be your next big break:
This is an opportunity to work at one of the most historic and successful record companies in the world, in the center of the action. If paying attention to detail, anticipating anything that might go wrong, learning from your mistakes, and getting things done sounds just like you, this is your opportunity. You will work behind the scenes, in a fast-paced team environment.
Here you'll get to:
• Oversee all spending related to assigned projects which includes preparing and managing recording budgets of varying magnitudes
• Partner with A&R and/or artist management to devise overall spending and logistical plan for recording project
• Manage the day-to-day recording process such as coordinate studio bookings, equipment rentals, artist travel etc. Work with all vendors to ensure cost-effectiveness throughout the recording process. Review and submit all invoices for payment.
• Review artist agreements to assess and enforce contractual obligations with respect to recording
• Ensure all products are clear for release. Responsibilities include preparing agreements for producers, side artists, remixers, etc, clearing all samples and paying all contractual advances.
• Provide timely communication regarding the status of each project (i.e. providing budget projections to A&R, alerting business affairs of legal issues, notifying artist/management of production deadlines, advising senior management of potential project overages or delays)
• Work with the pre-production department in the preparation and editing of liner notes, approving packaging, and meeting production deadlines.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Manage a large roster comprised of a variety of different projects, assess each project's specific needs and prioritize accordingly
• Handle budgets cost-effectively and possess strong analytical skills
• Review and understand legal contracts and be comfortable upholding legal standards
• Be a great problem solver – even more so, have the ability to anticipate issues before they arise and adjust accordingly
• Be service-oriented and willing to often take on tasks that are not part of the job description
• Work well and communicate with different types of people
• Shift gears comfortably and maintain composure when under pressure
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Recording studio background or experience
• Basic understanding of the recording process
• Encyclopedic musical knowledge
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.