Manager, Digital Marketing
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Manager, Digital Marketing
A little bit about our team:
The Digital Marketing team at Elektra Music Group is responsible for all digital marketing and direct to consumer initiatives for all of the artists (alternative, rock and pop) on the roster. They build online and mobile fan communities, with an eye towards evolving the way that fans engage with their favorite artists and the way potential fans come to discover an artist. They create and market content through the Elektra Artist.com network, email and text marketing, social media marketing and digital activations products for the artist superfans.
Why this could be your next big break:
This position is responsible for daily management of the digital marketing strategy for a select roster of EMG artists. The Manager will manage digital content development, grassroots digital community building and marketing, the Elektra ''artist.com network,'' and the development of the artist accounts on relevant applications and sites (TikTok, GIPHY, Instagram, Genius, etc.). The Manager of Digital Marketing is focused on the creation and building of Elektra's artist communities as they serve as the core of the direct-to-consumer initiatives and future product development.
Here you'll get to:
• Work with artists, managers and key label executives in order to develop compelling and powerful online marketing strategies for artists on Elektra and the label's associated labels, including the creation and maintenance of artists' official websites
• Construct community/fan-building initiatives. Examples of online involvement include: fan recruitment, Spotify API-powered games and 'connect to unlock' campaigns, viral "send to a friend" initiatives, contests, etc.
• Assist in brainstorming and implementing exciting new online content (exclusive audio and video content, contests, artist journals, photo galleries) for artist websites and online fan clubs
• Provide text and content ideas for websites, contests, mini-sites and media promotions to maximize artist visibility online
• Build and manage new and ongoing relationships with online partners and affiliates as they relate to digital marketing
• Brainstorm, budget, and execute effective online ad campaigns for artists, creating a strong presence in the desired target market and community
• Work closely with artists and artist management to ensure requests and expectations are handled intelligently and carried out effectively
• Attend and contribute to all related company meetings in connection with assigned projects, and provide dept. head with timely feedback and follow-up regarding any action items
• Prepare bi-weekly online marketing summaries
• BS in Marketing, Communications, MIS/CIS, or similar
• Broad knowledge of contemporary music scene and lifestyle
• Full awareness of where these music and lifestyle communities live online
• Understanding of internet and wireless community culture and landscape
• Understanding of interactive technologies and communication tools including email marketing, SEO/SEM, bulletin boards, SMS messaging, "instant messaging" and viral marketing techniques
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Creative marketing ideas
• Attention to detail
• Working knowledge of popular graphic design and video editing applications including Photoshop, Premiere, and iMovie
• Working knowledge of HTML
• Familiarity with file sharing applications, rippers, encoders, etc.
• Knowledge of standard office programs including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment on short deadlines
• Ability to plan, organize and execute campaigns in a timely manner
• Strategic Thinker
• Goal Oriented
• Relationship Builder and Maintainer
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• 3-4 years of internet marketing experience
• 3-4 years of music industry experience
• Experience writing and editing music copy
• Strong interpersonal skills
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.