Manager, Digital Marketing
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Digital Marketing
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG's Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville. WMG's music publishing arm, Warner Chappell Music, has a catalog of more than 1.4 million musical compositions spanning every musical genre, from the standards of the Great American Songbook to the biggest hits of the 21st century. Warner Music Group is also home to WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic), the pioneering distribution and marketing network, and ADA, the independent artist and label services company, as well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Digital Marketing team.
A little bit about our team:
The Digital Marketing Manager position is responsible for managing the social presence of RHINO Entertainment, along with the genre-spanning roster of Warner Music catalog artists. Reporting to the Director of Digital Marketing, this role is responsible for helping develop and execute digital marketing campaigns, as well as achieving and accelerating engagement goals by managing social media properties to super-serve both artists and fan.
Here you'll get to:
• Manage social communication strategy across core social media platforms for the Label and Artists, as well as spearheading comprehensive digital campaigns for Artist and management, from ideation, to creation, to execution – includes: drafting copy and developing content to submit for approvals for posting, sending respective buy links, monitoring social activity, and scheduling posts
• Work closely with the Product Managers and the Digital Commerce team to ensure you meet their respective goals and are driving to the appropriate destinations for the overall campaign
• Work with the Art Department to ensure you are creating appropriate and effective content to achieve the goals the campaign
• Help execute marketing of the Catalog Global Priority System (CGPS) across Label and Artist socials
• Execute and manage paid social media campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and various other outlets
• Analyze social media campaigns and optimize for effectiveness (i.e. Maximum Reach and Engagement, Clicks, Views, A/B testing with content and copy, etc.)
• Generate weekly reporting on Label and Artist socials activity and growth
• Identify and execute ways to acquire and engage new music fans around heritage artists via existing and emerging platforms like TikTok, Triller, Byte, etc.
• Approach Influencers and Brands for possible partnerships within the digital space
• Stay informed of trending topics and social media trends to leverage and communicate accordingly
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Thorough understanding of the ecosystem on various social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. from a customer-facing and business perspective
• Proven experience of booking online advertising campaigns within Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
• Proven ability to utilize data to inform the social strategy, including acquiring new fans, engaging them, and eventually leading to conversion
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills and copy writing experience
• Great organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
• Must have the ability to multi-task and prioritize accordingly to provided deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Must have great interpersonal skills
• Familiarity with the Warner Music Catalog is a plus
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Experience with photo and video editing software (Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut, etc.)
• Experience with booking online advertising within social networks.
• Experience with big media brands a plus.
• Passion for music
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of Social Media/Online Marketing experience
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.