Manager, Digital Marketing
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Manager, Digital Marketing
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Digital Marketing team at Big Beat Records / Atlantic Records.
Job Title: Manager, Digital Marketing
A little bit about our team :
The Digital team at Big Beat Records / Atlantic Records is?a full-service, agency-like?marketing?team, dedicated to building artist careers through the intersection of music and technology. We are?responsible for all digital strategy and marketing for all artists on the roster, acting as artist partners in our 360 relationships, across music, touring, merch, and all other aspects of the artist career.? Through creative marketing campaigns, we build online and mobile fan communities, with an eye towards evolving the way that fans listen to, participate in, and purchase music and related products.??We create, market and optimize content, develop and implement CRM/fan acquisition strategies, and work with new, engaging digital platforms and startups. ?
Why this could be your next big break :
This job is the intersection of?creative, marketing, technology, content creation and production; you will have your hand in every aspect of an artist's digital strategy! You must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task, as you will be juggling multiple artist projects, and be responsible for all aspects of a music release digitally – you will also be working closely with product managers, our in-house creative design, development and video team, and artist managers to help bring artists' visions to life.
The ideal candidate is interested in breaking artists online with innovative digital campaigns AND has an interest in new technology. This person reads blogs (tech and entertainment) every day, installs every new app just to try it out, and has a passion for leveraging the Internet to drive artist careers and revenue. They live on social media, lifestyle blogs, and discovers new music in interesting ways. You MUST be highly creative, extremely motivated, and loves being a part of a team.
The ideal candidate must have a love and deep knowledge of electronic music / hip hop - both current and past. We are primarily searching for a Manager- level however, will consider exceptional Director-level candidates.
Here you'll get to :
• You will work with artists, managers, marketing and key label executives in order to develop compelling and powerful online marketing strategies
• You will work with the Big Beat core team to develop long term audience acquisition and engagement strategies that place Big Beat Records at the center of the electronic music community
• You will assist in brainstorming and implementing exciting new online content (working with creators and influencers) optimized for each distribution network/channel
• You will coordinate with internal teams and 3rd party designers / developers to produce all assets for a digital release
• You will brainstorm, budget, and execute effective online advertising campaigns for artists, creating a strong presence in the desired target market and community
• You will build and manage new and ongoing relationships with online partners and affiliates, including social platforms and new and existing startups
• You will work closely with artists and artist management to ensure requests and expectations are handled intelligently and carried out effectively
• You will attend and contribute to all related company meetings in connection with assigned projects, and provide the SVP Digital Marketing , GM of Big Beat with timely feedback and follow-up regarding any action items
• You will prepare regularly required online marketing summaries and plans
• You will assist in the creation of artist editorial calendars and publishing schedules
Are you a Rockstar candidate? If so:
• You have a passion for music and tech - we know you're at you're best when you're doing what you love and are looking for Rockstar candidates that LOVE the internet, technology, social and music
• You have AMAZING organizational abilities?
• You can?multitask and prioritize
• You can?manage multiple deadlines and urgent tasks
• You are willing to learn a little bit of everything, and open to take on anything
• You are insanely?detail-oriented
• You are excellent at?listening, interpreting, and?communicating
• You are creati ve
• You are a?self-starter
• You are curious and ask questions
It would be music to our ears if you also had :
• BS or BA in Marketing, Communications, or similar
• 2-5 years of Digital Marketing experience
• 2-4 years of music industry experience preferred; other related experience considered
• Working knowledge of interactive technologies and communication tools including email, social media, and viral marketing techniques (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, SoundCloud, Snapchat, etc.)
• Experience and knowledge of streaming platforms
• Some experience with Photoshop, basic HTML, social media publishing tools and video editing?
• Juggler & multi-tasker extraordinaire! Proven excellence in prioritization, time management and follow up skills with an attention to detail
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.