Manager, Digital Marketing - Black Music
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
Manager, Digital Marketing – Black Music
A little bit about our team:
The Digital team at Atlantic Records is a full-service, agency-like marketing team, dedicated to building artist careers through the intersection of music and technology. We are responsible for all digital strategy and marketing for all artists on the roster, acting as artist partners in our 360 relationships, across music, touring, merch, and all other aspects of the artist career. Through creative marketing campaigns, we build online and mobile fan communities, with an eye towards evolving the way that fans listen to, participate in, and purchase music and related products. We create, market and optimize content, develop and implement CRM/fan acquisition strategies, and work with new, engaging digital platforms and startups.
This job is the intersection of creative, marketing, technology, operations and production; you will have your hand in a lot of different areas.
Here you'll get to:
• You will work with artists, managers, marketing and key label executives in order to develop compelling and powerful online marketing strategies
• You will juggle multiple artist projects, and be responsible for all aspects of a music release digitally – you will also be working closely with product managers, our in-house creative design, development and video team, and artist managers to help bring artists' visions to life.
• Coordinate with internal teams and 3rd party designers / developers to produce all assets for a digital release - links, banners, social skins, landing pages, CRM blasts, artist websites, apps, interactive games and experiences
• Participate in brainstorming and implementation of exciting online content and innovative campaigns optimized for each distribution network/channel
• Analyze campaign & streaming data and create weekly marketing summaries and reports
• Execute effective online advertising campaigns for artists, creating a strong presence in the desired target market and community
• You will build and manage new and ongoing relationships with online partners and affiliates, including social platforms and new and existing startups
• You will work closely with artists and artist management to ensure requests and expectations are handled thoughtfully and carried out effectively
• Attend and contribute to all related company meetings in connection with assigned projects, and provide the team with timely feedback and follow-up regarding any action items
• You will assist in the creation of artist editorial calendars and publishing schedules for releases
• The ideal candidate is interested in breaking artists online with innovative digital campaigns AND has an interest in new technology. This person reads blogs (tech and entertainment) every day, installs every new app just to try it out, and has a passion for leveraging the Internet to drive artist careers and revenue.
• You have a deep knowledge and understanding of the hip-hop and R&B space and culture.
• You live on social media, lifestyle blogs, and discovers new music in interesting ways.
• You MUST be highly creative, extremely motivated, and love being a part of a team.
• If you love new challenges daily - this could be the gig for you.
• You have AMAZING organizational abilities
• You must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task
• You can manage multiple deadlines and urgent tasks
• You are willing to learn a little bit of everything, and open to take on anything
• You are excellent at listening, interpreting, and communicating
• You are a self-starter
• You are curious and ask questions
We'd love it if you also had:
• BS or BA in Marketing, Communications, or similar
• Working knowledge of interactive technologies and communication tools including email, social media, and viral marketing techniques (TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, SoundCloud, Snapchat, etc.)
• Experience and knowledge of streaming platforms
• Some experience with Photoshop, basic HTML, social media publishing tools and video editing
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will i