Manager, Content Production & Operations
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Manager, Content Production & Operations
Location: Los Angeles, CA
A little bit about our team:
The Video Content team at Rhino Records / Global Catalog is responsible for maximizing the value of the legendary Warner Music Group catalog at video partners with a primary focus on YouTube. We are a cross-functional and collaborative team focused on delivering both revenue results and visibility for our artists via content development, platform optimization, rights management, account management, and business development strategies.
This is an opportunity to lend your creativity and operational prowess to the production and release of a high volume of video content by and about legendary artists. Along the way, you will learn the ins and outs of YouTube, help define our labels' and artists' visual identities on social video platforms, and directly contribute to label revenue growth on emerging platforms and formats. This role will have a high degree of visibility within WMG's Global Catalog Division as well as the expectation and opportunity to build and sustain relationships with key internal and external partners, including intra-company partners, account partners, artist managers, and creators. While this role will be amply supported within reporting lines and within the Commerce department at Rhino, the position is designed with independence in mind and offers a prime opportunity for growth within the organization.
Here you'll get to:
• Project manage a high volume of digital video content releases across the content supply chain from inception to on-time delivery .
• Work individually and collaboratively to produce and release content optimized for YouTube and social video platforms, including developing briefs, routing assets, editing video, and writing copy.
• Develop fluency with YouTube platform management tools and oversee the team's day to day channel and video optimization efforts; be hands-on as needed.
• Experiment with content formats and channel content strategies using a hybrid of creative instinct and performance analysis.
• Monitor short form video platforms, identify macro and micro trends, and ideate content production tailored to these dynamic environments and audiences.
• Assist with video production both on and off set: handling simple shoots individually, leading small crew productions, and commissioning outside production and post-production vendors as needed.
• Lend your expertise and imagination to content strategies for priority new releases, trending moments, seasonal campaigns, social video, and brand content initiatives.
• Assist with the digitization and remastering of archival video content.
• Assist with invoice processing.
• Collaborate with junior team members and contribute to broader department objectives.
• You have at least 3 years of video content production/post-production experience in the music (or other media) industry.
• You are a hustler and an adept multi-tasker with a proven track record of managing a high volume of deliverables and meeting deadlines.
• You have strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude with the ability to effectively. communicate and collaborate with colleagues across a variety of disciplines in the record label ecosystem (marketing, creative services, digital production, legal, finance).
• You have experience with and comfort using Excel/Google Sheets to track deliverables.
• You are internet and social media literate.
• You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
• You are passionate about music and enjoy music discovery.
• An Associate's degree or higher
We'd love it if you also had:
• Hands-on experience managing content on YouTube and/or using YouTube analytics
• Social media / social video experience
• Experience with live streaming or virtual events
• Compositional fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us