Manager, Business & Legal Affairs, Imgn
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Manager, Business & Legal Affairs, IMGN
A little bit about our team:
IMGN Media, a Warner Music Group Company, is a tech-driven media organization specialized in producing and programming social content for Gen Z audiences. IMGN owns & operates a portfolio of media brands in gaming, entertainment, ASMR and more, with an overall reach of over 50 million followers. IMGN is home to Daquan, TryHard, So Satisfying & more highly engaging channels.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Manager, Business & Legal Affairs will report to the VP, Business & Legal Affairs to review, draft and negotiate commercial contracts in support of various business functions, as well as lead the charge in developing and maintaining the company's contract management systems. This is a unique opportunity for someone looking to assist in the development of business and legal affairs functions from the ground up.
Here you'll get to:
• Draft various agreements and licenses, including talent/influencer agreements, non-disclosure agreements and content licenses, and work with legal counsel to negotiate and respond to revisions.
• Review a wide range of company agreements, draft and maintain summaries of contract terms and rights.
• Assist in the development of contract management, tracking systems and business and legal affairs policies and procedures.
• Maintain the company's legal records, contract management systems and policies.
• Assist with other related tasks and special projects as requested by the VP, Business & Legal Affairs and other senior executives.
• Bachelor's degree. and at least 3 years of relevant legal experience.
• Experience in reviewing, drafting and negotiating talent and/or license agreements.
• Strong analytical, creative problem-solving and organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills to successfully interface with business teams.
• Attention to detail and the ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and smoothly.
• Eagerness to collaborate with team members and innovate to help grow a new business affairs model.
• Willingness to roll up sleeves, test new approaches and change direction frequently.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• At least 2 years of entertainment industry, social media or other relevant experience in an in-house legal department.
• Knowledge of intellectual property law.
• Experience as a paralegal at a law firm.
• Familiarity with the branded content and social media spaces, including ad-supported business models and ad-supported content.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.