Manager/ Associate Director, Brand Partnerships - Black Music
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Manager/ Associate Director, Brand Partnerships - Black Music
A little bit about our team:
The Brand Partnerships and Commercial Licensing Department is responsible for all outreach to brands and advertising agencies, with the ultimate goal of aligning the label, affiliated labels and/or individual or a group of artists with branded campaigns.
Why this could be your next big break:
You will be cultivating partnerships for the company and Atlantic's diverse roster of top-notch artists, specifically within the Black music space, with the goal of A) driving revenue for the label and generating income for our artists; B) creating impactful and collaborative campaigns and promotions to increase streams and increase social stats, raise the profile of our artists and the Atlantic Records brand; C) funding our creative marketing campaigns; and D) offsetting our marketing costs.
Here you'll get to:
• Ideate, devise, pitch and execute artist and label-based campaigns and promotions, varying in size and scope that involve digital and above-the-line commercial spots, tour partnerships, video product placement, social posts, branded events, music licensing and all other brand-based activation elements.
• Cultivate and maintain key relationships with CEOs, CMOs, ad agencies, brand marketers, and digital agencies to create opportunities for the label and our artists. Primary label liaison with the advertising and brand marketing community.
• Work with product managers, digital marketers, radio promotion, sales, publicity, art department and brand licensing departments to develop creative marketing strategy and plans as needed for all developing and established artists.
• Work with legal and business affairs to execute all deals.
• Work with WMG on large deals to advantage company position, artist exposure, bring in licensing and streaming revenue.
• Work within established budget to execute and coordinate key marketing programs.
• Manage staff and communicate company priorities to maximize marketing opportunities for our artists.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a label strategic marketing, marketing services, or brand management, college educated or highly specialized experience.
• Knowledge of urban culture and up-and-coming artists in the Black music space
• Creative marketing ideas
• Strong writing skills
• Detail oriented with impeccable follow through
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Negotiating skills
• Leadership skills
• People management skills; relationship/client management skills
• Strategic thinking abilities
• Organizational and financial management skills
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment with relatively short deadlines
• Ability to manage multiple tasks
• Knowledge of standard office programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.