Manager, Artist Development
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Artist Development
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after
Title: Manager, Artist Development at Warner Records
Here you'll get to:
• Position reports to VP of Tour Marketing & Artist Development.
• Oversee all tour and logistics management for an individual artist roster of 20 artists.
• Create and review budgets for promotional tours, events, live appearances.
• Evaluate tour support requests from artist management. Oversee the administration of all tour support funds, including negotiating reductions and discounts.
• Enforce tour/promo budget policy guidelines dependent on artist level including travel party, glam, hotel, and flight rates.
• Oversee the booking of artist travel for all promotional events, including flights, cars and hotels. Create master itineraries for both artist and label to use as a centralized reference document.
• Serve as a liaison between Warner Records, internal travel department and outside vendors (equipment rental companies, transportation companies, etc.) to arrange the movement of artists and staging of promotional events and appearances in the most cost-effective manner.
• Manage schedules with radio promo, sales, marketing, publicity, international and creative to centralize the flow of information to the artist and management.
• Produce/oversee artist showcases, partner events, album release events, etc.
• Cover major market shows (LA, NY etc.) and festivals, obtain credentials, VIP tables, parking as appropriate, manage meet and greets, after parties etc.
• Supply tour creative for developing acts including ad mats, banners, stage set up, lighting etc.
• Check ticket counts and work to support softer dates in collaboration with promoter's marketing teams, radio, street teams, and new media.
• Work with agents, venues & promoter marketing teams to streamline advertising, communicate promotions surrounding album marketing including TV performances, appearances, syncs, etc.
• Work with managers, marketing directors and A&R to advise, negotiate and implement movement coaches, MDs, rehearsals, vocal coaches, lighting directors, cartage, TMs, FOH etc.
• Coordinate with promoters and agencies to help ensure sellouts as well as including appropriate album marketing in all promoters' tour marketing.
• Work closely with artist managers, tour managers, business managers, marketing directors, publicists, and finance to administer and reconcile all tour support and promotional budgets.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.