Magento Developer - Consultant
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Magento Developer - Consultant
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after team.
A little bit about our team:
The Operations group is a cross-functional team that sits at the center of Warner Music Group within the Artist Services division. We build fan-focused and data-driven ecommerce stores, websites, and email marketing campaigns that deliver our artists' music and merch to millions of fans around the world. We're the backbone of the marketing and ecommerce teams -- providing program and project management, production services, and full stack enterprise solutions while maintaining operational efficiency and scalability. Our team of engineers lead innovative digital programs, manage technology platform and solutions, as well as provide thoughtful insights to optimize programs.
Why this could be your next big break:
We are looking for a Magento Developer consultant for potentially long term, who can contribute to one of the more complex and large scale Magento Enterprise platforms on the market. This role will work on an international team of world-class Magento engineers to deliver functional, innovative products. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver with strong Magento skills who can work well in a fast-paced environment on highly visible projects.
Here you'll get to:
• You will be a key development contributor to large scale Magento 2 feature implementations.
• You will work closely with the Artist Services Operations team to solution and implement small enhancements and bug fixes.
• You will develop and review technical documentation.
• You will design and implement unit tests for assigned projects.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• You have at least a year of Magento 2 experience
• You have 2+ years of Laravel experience
• You have 2+ years of PHP5 object oriented programing experience
• You have the ability to create documentation of solutions for assigned tasks
• You have knowledge of OOP best practices
• You have experience with PHPUnit framework
• You have Git and GitHub knowledge and use (including pull request and code auditing)
• You have MySQL experience
• You are comfortable with the Unix command line
• You have strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• You have the ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at a time
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• You have experience scaling large Magento instances and optimizing core functionality where necessary.
• You have NodeJS experience
• You have experience with HTML5 and CSS3 and a solid understanding of responsive design
• You have a solid understanding of algorithms, running time and complexity
• You have familiarity with different types of HTTP requests
• You have an understanding of Magento specific caching and indexing methods and APIs
• You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related concentration preferred
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.