Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
A little bit about our team:
The Legal Shared Services Licensing Department provides publishing and other licensing and related administrative services to each of WMG's U.S. record labels (including those operated by the Atlantic Records, Rhino Entertainment, Warner Records, and Warner Music Nashville), along with those WMG labels and affiliates based outside the U.S. that wish to release records or recordings in the U.S. (including Parlophone and Warner Music Classics). The department's services include the following:
• Securing from music publishers any and all rights required in order for WMG's U.S. record labels to exploit any musical compositions embodied in the sound recordings and records that those record labels release,
• Negotiating the corresponding mechanical and other licenses covering those musical composition rights, and
• Paying those music publishers the corresponding mechanical and other license advances, fees, and/or other royalties in an accurate and timely manner.
Members of the Department work closely with employees in A&R Admin, Business & Legal Affairs, Finance, Production, Operations, New Media, and Marketing departments of each label client to fulfill the above-referenced responsibilities for the recordings and record those labels release.
Why this could be your next big break:
The candidate hired to fill this position will be responsible for negotiating and securing mechanical, synchronization and other publishing licenses covering WMG's exploitation of the musical compositions embodied in the records and recordings that WMG releases.
Here you'll get to:
• Review, negotiate and secure mechanical and synchronization licenses and other publishing licenses covering the exploitation of musical compositions embodied on recordings and records that WMG wishes to release;
• Research song titles and information about songwriters, music publishers and performing rights societies such as ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and the Harry Fox Agency;
• Confirm publishing splits and writer credits, and vendor/payee names, addresses and other information with various music publishing companies and other publishing rights administrators;
• Compile the necessary information regarding musical compositions embodied in the recordings and records that WMG releases and then enter that information into WMG's internal databases and royalty systems;
• Analyze and apply the mechanical licensing and other related royalty provisions in WMG's agreements with its recording artists and producers and in other agreements between songwriters and their publishing companies and administrators;
• Liaise with other departments and with WMG's record labels in Los Angeles and New York, as needed, to perform the tasks described above (e.g., to obtain copies of artist recording agreements, album track lists, label production schedules);
• Respond to inquiries from music publishers and other music publishing rights administrators regarding the licenses they have issued to WMG; and
• Perform any other duties and tasks related to the Department's role and responsibilities that might be assigned by the Team's senior management from time to time.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Candidate must be able to work well independently and as part of a team;
• Candidate must possess excellent communication, analytical, and organizational skills;
• Candidate must be able to meet deadlines consistently and effectively while working under pressure;
• Candidate must be able to manage multiple assignments at any given time and prioritize them effectively and appropriately; and
• Candidate must have strong computer skills, including strong data entry skills (with an emphasis on accuracy) and strong proficiency using Microsoft Office applications.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Bachelor's degree required.
• 0 to 2 years' experience working in a position or positions involving the administration of mechanical or other publishing royalties.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will st