Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
This was removed by the employer on 8/13/2020 10:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Licensing Administrator jobs in Nashville-TN
Search all Licensing Administrator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Licensing Administrator? Licensing Administrator
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Licensing team at Warner Music Group.
A little bit about our team:
The U.S. Shared Services organization is based in WMG's Center of Excellence for Shared Services in Nashville, Tennessee (the ''Center''). The Center consists of five departments: Analysis, Finance, Legal, Licensing, and Reporting. Employees of the Center provide services to all of WMG's U.S. record labels, Warner Chappell Music Publishing, WEA Corp. and Alternative Distribution Alliance (WMG's distribution companies), and WMG's other U.S. business units.
The U.S. Shared Services Licensing Department provides publishing and other licensing and related administrative services to each of WMG's U.S. record labels (including those operated by the Atlantic Records, Rhino Entertainment, Warner Bros. Records, and Warner Music Nashville), along with those WMG labels and affiliates based outside the U.S. that wish to release records or recordings in the U.S. (including Parlophone and Warner Music Classics).
The Department's services include the following:
• securing from music publishers any and all rights required in order for WMG's U.S. record labels to exploit any musical compositions embodied in the sound recordings and records that those record labels release,
• negotiating the corresponding mechanical and other licenses covering those musical composition rights, and
• paying those music publishers the corresponding mechanical and other license advances, fees, and/or other royalties in an accurate and timely manner.
Members of the Department work closely with employees in the Business Affairs, Finance, Production, Operations, New Media, and Marketing departments of each label client to fulfill the above-referenced responsibilities for the recordings and record those labels release.
Why this could be your next big break:
The candidate hired to fill this position will be responsible for negotiating and securing mechanical, synchronization and other publishing licenses covering WMG's exploitation of the musical compositions embodied in the records and recordings that WMG releases.
Here you'll get to:
• Review, negotiate and secure mechanical and synchronization licenses and other publishing licenses covering the exploitation of musical compositions embodied on recordings and records that WMG wishes to release;
• Analyze and apply the mechanical licensing and other related royalty provisions in WMG's agreements with its recording artists and producers and in other agreements between songwriters and their publishing companies and administrators;
• Research song titles and information about songwriters, music publishers and performing rights societies such as ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and Harry Fox Agency;
• Confirm publishing ''splits'', publisher and writer credits, and vendor/payee names, addresses and other information with various music publishing companies and other publishing rights administrators;
• Compile the necessary information regarding musical compositions embodied in the recordings and records that WMG releases and then enter that information into WMG's internal databases and royalty systems;
• Liaise with other departments within WMG's RMRA Division and with WMG's record labels, as needed, to perform the tasks described above (e.g., to obtain copies of artist recording agreements, album track lists, label production schedules);
• Respond to inquiries from music publishers and other music publishing rights administrators regarding the licenses they have issued to WMG; and
• Perform any other duties and tasks related to the Department's role and responsibilities that might be assigned by the Team's senior management from time to time.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Candidate must be able to work well independently and as part of a team;
• Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Candidate must possess excellent analytical, mathematical and organizational skills;
• Candidate must be able to meet deadlines consistently and effectively while working under pressure;
• Candidate must be able to manage multiple assignments at any given time and prioritize them effectively and appropriately;
• Candidate must have strong computer skills, including strong data entry skills (with an emphasis on accuracy) and strong proficiency using Microsoft Office's Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications; familiarity with Microsoft Office's Access application is preferred, but not required; and
• Candidate should be prepared to work overtime as needed to ensure that all necessary licenses for a given recording or record are secured prior to the release date for a given recording or record for which they have been assigned the responsibility for securing the requisite publishing clearances; similarly, candidate should be prepared to schedule vacation days at times that will not conflict with those release deadlines, so that their absences will not interfere with their ability to meet such release deadlines.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum of 1-year experience working in a position or positions involving the administration of mechanical or other publishing royalties.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.