Licensing Administrator, Publishing
Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
This was removed by the employer on 9/27/2021 11:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Licensing Administrator, Publishing jobs in Nashville-TN
Search all Licensing Administrator, Publishing postings
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Licensing Administrator, Publishing
A little bit about our team:
The U.S. Shared Services Publishing Licensing Team provides rights assessment and other licensing related administrative services to each of Warner's U.S. record labels, along with those labels and affiliates based outside the U.S. that wish to release records or recordings in the U.S. The Licensing Team is responsible for negotiating and securing mechanical licenses from music publishers and paying those copyright owners the corresponding rates, advances, fees, and other royalties in an accurate and timely manner. The Licensing Administrator will be reporting to the Sr. Licensing Manager of Frontline labels and work closely with the Licensing Administrators.
Members of the Publishing Licensing Team work closely with Publishing Royalties, A&R Admin, Business & Legal Affairs, Data Operations, Finance, Production, and Marketing & Promotions at each label to fulfill the above-referenced responsibilities.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Licensing Administrator will have the unique opportunity to work at the most progressive record companies in the music industry. In this role, you will have the opportunity to help develop and maintain business solutions for the Licensing Team, establish relationships with music publishers, and collaborate with various business units at Atlantic Records and U.S. Shared Services.
Here you'll get to:
• Review, negotiate and secure mechanical and synchronization licenses and other publishing licenses covering the exploitation of musical compositions embodied on recordings and records that WMG wishes to release;
• Research song titles and information about songwriters, music publishers and performing rights societies such as ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and the Harry Fox Agency;
• Confirm publishing splits and writer credits, and vendor/payee names, addresses and other information with various music publishing companies and other publishing rights administrators;
• Compile the necessary information regarding musical compositions embodied in the recordings and records that WMG releases and then enter that information into WMG's internal databases and royalty systems;
• Analyze and apply the mechanical licensing and other related royalty provisions in WMG's agreements with its recording artists and producers and in other agreements between songwriters and their publishing companies and administrators;
• Liaise with other departments and with WMG's record labels in Nashville, Los Angeles and New York, as needed, to perform the tasks described above (e.g., to obtain copies of artist recording agreements, album track lists, label production schedules);
• Respond to inquiries from music publishers and other music publishing rights administrators regarding the licenses they have issued to WMG; and
• Perform any other duties and tasks related to the Department's role and responsibilities that might be assigned by the Team's senior management from time to time.
• Candidate must be able to work well independently and as part of a team;
• Candidate must possess excellent communication, analytical, and organizational skills;
• Candidate must be able to meet deadlines consistently and effectively while working under pressure;
• Candidate must be able to manage multiple assignments at any given time and prioritize them effectively and appropriately; and
• Candidate must have strong computer skills, including strong data entry skills (with an emphasis on accuracy) and strong proficiency using Microsoft Office applications.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Candidate should possess some experience working in a position or positions involving the administration of mechanical or other publishing royalties.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.