Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/20/2021 9:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Legal Analyst jobs in New York-NY
Search all Legal Analyst postings
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Legal Analyst
A little bit about our team:
WMG's corporate Legal Department is located at corporate headquarters in NYC (and also in London) and supports WMG's recorded music labels, music publishing entities, and all operating companies and departments in various legal matters, including litigation and claims, digital licensing, content protection, anti-piracy, mergers and acquisitions, securities, compliance, and employment.
Why this could be your next big break:
This position is a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in all aspects of music litigation and pre-litigation claims and to assist in handling some of the most cutting-edge legal issues facing a global entertainment company. In this role, you will also work closely with Legal & Business Affairs at the record labels and music publishing entities, Business Development, Finance, and many other departments to implement strategies for addressing copyright infringement, including obtaining additional revenue for WMG's artists and songwriters.
Here you'll get to:
• Investigate potential infringements of WMG's intellectual property rights by digital services, social media platforms, websites, and mobile apps that use WMG content without a license, including conducting due diligence, rights confirmation, and collecting evidence.
• Assist in managing affirmative and defensive claims and litigations related to copyright, trademark, the DMCA, fair use, defamation, and contractual disputes.
• Liaise with other WMG business units and departments, outside counsel, and third parties.
• Handle third-party subpoenas and DMCA notices.
• Update monthly/quarterly litigation reports.
• Review artist and songwriter agreements and other agreements to confirm chain of title and ownership.
• Provide administrative assistance to the Litigation Department, including maintaining court deadlines, processing legal invoices, and scheduling.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Familiarity with copyright registrations filed with the U.S. Copyright Office.
• Excellent organization and time-management skills.
• Ability to conduct yourself in the highest ethical manner and exhibit professional demeanor and sound judgment.
• Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, and social media platforms.
• A passion for music.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Paralegal experience.
• General knowledge of the music industry/copyright law.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.