Label Manager - Warner Music Latina
Warner Music GroupMiami, FL
Full Time Job
Label Manager - Warner Music Latina (bilingual)
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Label Manager (bilingual
Why this could be your next big break:
Establish and implement Marketing Strategies for our roster in order to take them to another level, focus on a cost effective philosophy and explore different platforms to monetize our content.
Here you'll get to:
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Label Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of the projects (artists release campaigns) assigned to him/her, throughout the project lifecycle. This position is responsible for the follow up and day to day interaction with the other internal areas (Radio, TV and press promotion, Sales, New Media/Digital, Accounting), as well as external contacts such as artists' management offices and other Warner Music offices.
Production / Sales
• Assure the opportune inclusion of his/her projects in the Release Schedule for the required date.
• According to the assigned repertoire, check the Release Schedule from other countries periodically, to confirm that we don't miss any interesting project for this territory.
• Send to the Production Dept. the label copy & UPC information for any international release to be scheduled, or the complete track listing information if the product is generated locally.
• Send to the Account Manager the info needed for DSPs
• Send to the Production Dept. the production parts for each project to be released.
• Coordinate the manufacture of the P.O.S. and promotional material.
• Report Sound Scan figures of current albums and single sales weekly to department heads.
• Provide sales data and market trends on a weekly basis.
Marketing / New Media
• In conjunction with the Marketing Director, define the strategy and roadmap for each of the projects. Create the marketing plan according to that.
• Give follow up with each area to meet the established goals.
• Work hand in hand with Digital sales Department for all their require needs
• New Media checklist – provide the info/material specified in that list, to assure that each of the projects meet the minimum requirements to get an efficient coverage of the digital and new media opportunities (acoustic versions, alternative versions, chance of having audio or vide ring tones, celebrity playlists, clearance for digital sales, etc)
• Create budget for each Artist Visit
• Coordinate Logistics (Hotel, Flights, Periderms, Local transportations, Tech requirements, working visas, etc.)
• Get from the repertoire owners (or generate locally) the marketing and promotional tools needed for each project (bio, press releases, photos, alt versions, TV tracks, videos, EPKs, phones, promo visits, etc)
• Planning promo visits according promotional needs or special events, in conjunction with the local promoters, publicists, Sales and New Media. Coordinate travel logistics for the artist, as well as any promotional needs for the execution of the plan.
• Coordinate and overview the projects worked by independent publicists.
• Keep constant communication and information exchange with each of the artist's management offices (for domestic artists) or with the international offices (for international repertoire).
• Check the Soundscan and Sales figures weekly and also keep an eye on the international sales charts periodically.
• Check the local radio charts weekly, as well as international charts as a reference.
• Elaborate and distribute charts, press releases and any important info to promotors, publicists and Sales to keep everyone informed on each project.
• Seek and try to close any business opportunity as partnerships, new businesses or alternative marketing deals for the projects.
• Coordinate logistics for artist events: radio festivals, private events, radio festivals, award shows, tv appearances, show cases, soundchecks, production specs, etc.)
• Be on top of Spotify Charts and artist/single streaming progress
• Actively participate in Media, Event and Promotional activities - occasional overnight travel, weekend and/or evening work.
• Coordinate promo visits and travel logistics for the artist, as well as any promotional needs for the execution of the plan.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Monitor assigned budget (monthly and quarterly) for department.
• Create PO's, Request Estimates, Invoices and W9.
• Follow up with accounting department to insure timely payment processing. Transcribe and distribute meeting agendas and minutes.
• Setup and coordinate meetings and conferences.
• Administration of the assigned budget (monthly and quarterly) for each of the projects.
• Create PO's, Request Estimates, Invoices and W9.
• Tracking on any missing Invoice.
• Contracts, legal releases, videos, singles, albums, premiers, syncs, etc. Prepare reports and presentations by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data.
• Setup accommodations and entertainment arrangements for artists and company visitors.
• Bachelors Degree Strongly Preferred.
• Minimum 5 years field experience.
• Fully bilingual (English & Spanish) a must.
• Experience working in the music Industry in the US and/or LatAm.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish are a must.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to delegate, to work under pressure, to communicate effectively and meet deadlines.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Outgoing personality and ability to pitch media both verbally and in writing.
• Knowledge of Digital Marketing and music landscape.
• Experience in writing press releases and assembling press materials.
• Ability to create promotional plans for each artist and execute on those plans.
• Must be able to develop and produce press conferences and events.
• Passion and strong