Junior Product Designer
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Junior Product Designer jobs in New York-NY
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Junior Product Designer
A little bit about our team:
The User Experience Team at Warner Music Group is a small and focused band of experts. We support each other to get complex work done right. We're looking for a Junior Product Designer to help transpose, invert, and augment the music business, crafting world-class experiences that connect artists and their music to your eyes & ears. You will wear all the hats, leading the UX of projects for artists, managers, and internal teams, collaborating with product managers, stakeholders, and developers while discovering, researching, defining, designing, and prototyping.
Here you'll get to:
• Design premium, modern, end-to-end user-centric experiences
• Help define new user interface (UI) components and augment the style guide
• User and comparator research through focus groups, interviews, surveys, and analytics
• Study early requirements and transform them into scenarios, personas, use cases, flow diagrams, site maps, inventories, interactive (IA), sketches, wireframes, and prototypes
• Follow brand guidelines and transform them into visual and component designs, interactions, data visualization, and testable prototypes
• Work in an Agile environment with Project Managers and Developers to shape epics & stories in JIRA, inspect code, and execute visual quality assurance (QA)
• Pixel-perfect user experiences and interfaces to be implemented within a product
• Iterative creation of sketches and pitch-quality design/interaction concepts & prototypes
• Diligence in developing responsive designs that work across platforms (e.g. web, tablet, mobile)
• Experience working with style guides and user experience (UX) libraries, common patterns, and current UX practices)
• Partnering with senior designers in developing and building an enterprise style & component platform
• Contribution across multiple projects at one time
• Strong communication skills, excellent time management & organizational skills
• High-Level Proficiency in Figma
• At least 3 years of product and/or UX design experience in the industry
• Experience with prototyping/animation tools, e.g. Figmotion, Adobe XD, Principle, AfterEffects, etc.
• Music industry experience
• Formal training in Graphic Design (BFA preferred)
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.