Jr. Graphic Designer, Creative Services
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Jr. Graphic Designer, Creative Services (Consultant)
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Jr. Graphic Designer, Creative Services (Consultant)
A little bit about our team:
Rhino Creative Services is the art and production hub for the Global Catalog development arm of WMG. The creative team handles ideation and creation of physical products, art for digital offerings, marketing assets, and campaign tools for worldwide initiatives. We have the good fortune of working on projects that include the greatest artists ever to be part of the WMG family of labels.
Why this could be your next big break:
Jr. Graphic Designer, Creative Services (Rhino/Global Catalog). This is a full-time, contract position that reports to the VP, Creative Services. This person would support the creative team in all aspects of the design process. The primary responsibilities would include creating motion graphics, animated art, digital assets, and print projects.
Here you'll get to:
• Be a part of an innovative, collaborative, creative team working in a fast-paced environment
• Work closely with the art director/creative lead on concepts and content
• Create motion graphics for use across social media platforms
• Animate album cover art for new releases and catalog titles
• Work on short form video editing including sizzle reels and YouTube pre-rolls/visualizers
• Assist in the creation of assets for music streaming platforms
• Design or illustrate original art for campaign initiatives
• Adapt preexisting creative assets for various banner ads and social skins
• Stay up to date on social media platforms/specs and adhere to best practices
• Scan, retouch, and color correct photos and historical art
• Contribute to the production of physical product, mockups, and merchandise
• Communicate and interact with team members across multiple departments
• You have a multi-disciplined portfolio that can include personal projects
• You have a working knowledge of Adobe CC particularly After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
• You have an interest in exploring software options outside the Adobe Suite
• You are familiar with Microsoft Office software and experience working on the Mac platform
• You're a strong conceptual designer, a thinker, and problem solver
• You love to contribute ideas but can also take direction
• You have a passion for music and a desire to translate that into amazing art
• You're self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and part of the team
• You have a desire to keep learning and share your aquired knowledge with the team
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A degree/certificate from an institute of higher learning (art/design related)
• Ability to illustrate
• Some understanding of video production and photography
• 1 year of experience working in graphic design, animation and/or motion graphics
• Experience in print design
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.