Jr. Analyst - Temp
Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
This was removed by the employer on 1/21/2021 9:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Jr. Analyst - Temp jobs in Nashville-TN
Search all Jr. Analyst - Temp postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Jr. Analyst - Temp? Jr. Analyst - TEMP
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Bros., Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Order to Cash team.
A little bit about our team:
The Order to Cash team performs a wide variety of tasks including issuing invoices, collection of monies owed, cash application/payment coding, tracking data files, liaising with stakeholders throughout the company, account management, tracking of data, project management, etc.
This role will support the entire team to perform tasks in the Digital, Physical, Merch/Touring and Sales Support/Customer Service verticals. The individual in this role will have a considerable impact on the team and will be trained in the four different portfolios.
Why this could be your next big break:
You will be able to leverage your technical skills and work in an industry you love. By working with Digital Service Providers, controlling the billing and credit of physical retailers and helping the Artist Services team make sure money comes in from tours, the Order to Cash team ensures money comes in the door.
Here you'll get to:
• Manage multiple priorities, and multi-task while preparing reconciliation schedules, which categorize all handled claims for unpaid invoices, shortages, pricing disputes, returns discrepancies, discount violations, and advertising issues.
• Make decisions with regard to validity of claims, collectability of claims, and writing off claims balances. Will negotiate with customers, and settle their own accounts in accordance with upper management-mandated guidelines.
• Interface with Cash Specialists as necessary to insure proper application of remittances.
• Review and update deduction status codes, reconciliation status codes, reconciliation comments, and collection notes.
• Work with both Onshore and Offshore teams to manage the recording, coding, depositing, researching and application of checks, transactions, credit cards, etc. for Merch, Label AR, Synch and Corporate divisions across the Receivables system.
• Monitor the creation of invoices, credit memos, collections, research queries, analytics and journal entries.
• Facilitate monthly A/R close process, including preparation of general ledger adjustments, journal entries, and reconciliation of specific gl accounts.
• Conduct A/R search queries, liaise with business partners including label groups, corporate divisions (tax, legal, etc) on various projects.
• Perform Credit Checks and analysis for Digital Accounts as needed.
• Prepare agendas and Facilitate Digital Credit Calls to ensure all parties are notified of issues.
• Review, translate, and implement contractual language for digital customers in order to properly calculate, establish, update and audit pricing structures/setups, and communicate Preparation/Formatting fees, Advance/Guarantees, and all billing revenue to be collected on a timely basis.
• Accurately record and report all digital revenues by media type and insure that all digital revenue is matched, posted, and applied properly.
• Prepare Un-recouped Advance schedule
• Prepare Cash Forecasts for Digital Accounts, timely and ensure it is reconciled with WEA Finance. Track Digital Income for cash projection and application references.
• Maintain daily cash reporting, and other follow-up processes as needed.
• Other projects as assigned.
Rockstar candidates look like this:
• Minimum of 1 year experience
• Strong desire to learn
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Business/Music Business/Finance strongly preferred
• Financial/Accounting acumen, with an ability to pick up on concepts quickly
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
• Must be an autonomous self-starter, motivated, and be able to resolve problems and work independently within management guidelines.
• Must be able to negotiate successfully with customers, establishing a positive rapport, with a relationship that facilitates the collection process.
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to meet deadlines with an attention to detail
• Must possess good inter-personal and communication skills (verbal and written).
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• SAP experience
• Credit/Accounts Receivable/Collections experience
• Ability to speak and write in Spanish
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2020 Warner Music Inc. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.