Internal Audit IT Manager Global Risk Management
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Internal Audit – IT Manager Global Risk Management
Job Title: Internal Audit – IT Manager Global Risk Management
Why this could be your next big break:
Due to the expanded scope and remit in Internal Audit's oversight function, specifically the creation of a Global Risk Management (GRM) function, we are seeking a dynamic and agile GRM IT Manager to join our growing team. This role will give you the opportunity to apply your risk management, risk assessment, audit, and project management skills on the ground floor of a newly created pillar within our Internal Audit function. You will learn about the music industry, international business, and the IT infrastructure which supports it first-hand through leading and managing global risk projects across our multinational organization. You will get to collaborate with IT, operational, and financial professionals to assess processes, risks, technology, controls, and develop solutions to drive improvements to our organization. High performing individuals will have the opportunity to grow their careers within the department or explore other future opportunities within WMG that fit their career goals.
Here you'll get to:
• Be on the ground floor of the creation of a new pillar within internal audit which will have high exposure to senior leadership;
• Lead and perform global risk management projects from planning through fieldwork and reporting;
• Perform projects related to system implementation, cyber security, process transformation, acquisition, and various other key risk areas in a dynamic project plan;
• Manage reviews to assess financial, operational, and compliance processes and evaluate effectiveness of risk mitigation activities;
• Collaborate with the business to mitigate risk and drive actions that are pragmatic and achievable;
• Supervise and mentor audit staff across the internal audit organization;
• Establish and maintain excellent relationships within the team and across the business;
• Review workpapers, including planning documents and audit reports, to ensure clear identification of risks and issues;
• Communicate review findings timely and collaborate with process owners to develop creative, yet practical, recommendations to remediate findings; and
• Be a change agent to lead and effect desired change throughout the organization.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Demonstrate a proficient understanding of enterprise risk management, risk assessment, ICFR, GAAP, COSO, and leading industry / business practices;
• Exhibit the ability to thrive in a creative, dynamic, fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects and resources effectively;
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, including listening, verbal, written, and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate effectively within various levels of the company;
• Deliver exceptional customer service, including the ability to manage potentially contentious interactions, and the ability to strike a balance between oversight and getting buy-in / partnering with the business;
• Display strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve complex issues;
• Demonstrate attention to detail, strong organizational skills, tolerance for uncertainty, and ability to be agile and adaptable;
• Translate short-term and long-term department goals into team and individual performance goals;
• Show your ability to influence, lead and motivate team members;
• Display a high standard of ethics and professionalism; and
• Travel domestically and internationally up to 20%.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Bachelor or advanced degree in computer science, accounting, business administration, or related field;
• 5 years of experience overall in some combination of public accounting, internal audit, or risk advisory roles;
• Professional certification (CISA, CPA, CA, and/or CIA);
• Project management certification (PMP, etc.…);
• Global / enterprise risk management experience;
• System implementation, cyber security, and/or IT general controls review experience;
• Experience coaching and developing team members;
• Experience with SAP, HFM, Oracle Financials, Microsoft Office applications, or Tableau and other competencies such as cloud computing, data analytics, robotic process automation (RPA), and fraud investigations; and
• Media and entertainment industry experience, specifically music industry experience.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to rea
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Music Group Internal Audit vision is to provide high quality assurance and advisory services in a dynamic, innovative, and impactful way. Our work includes SOX, operational audits, and proactive risk management for the business. The Internal Audit department partners with the business to focus on the most important risks and issues facing the organization and delivers results that will make the biggest positive impact. We strive to be valuable business advisors that provide meaningful insights and solutions, not just information and recommendations. We continuously look for ways to improve our audit and risk management processes and leverage technology to maximize our impact. Our success is measured by the amount of internal control improvement, risk mitigation and positive change that we drive across the organization.
Our department has two pillars: A Global Risk Management pillar, and a traditional audit and SOX pillar. Our work within the Global Risk Management pillar includes risk assessment procedures, assisting in the development of policies and guidance around key risk areas, training and changing how the organization interacts with risk, and review / audit of key risk projects within the organization (e.g. system implementation, process transformation, information security, acquisitions, etc.).