Intern - Music Management
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/11/2022 5:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Music Management jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Intern - Music Management postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere. Our people and culture are at the epicenter of our company, and we are looking for team members who share our service-orienteted mindset and have a passion for looking after our songwriters.
As the global music publishing arm of Warner Music Group (WMG), we're a collective band of music lovers, innovative connectors, and relentless supporters of our songwriters and catalog of iconic works. We lead with curiosity, collaborate across departments, borders, languages, and genres, and we're committed to delivering on the promises we make to each other and to our songwriters.
Music Management Intern
A little bit about our team:
The Audio Ingestion team at WCM is cross-departmental (A&R, Creative Services & Sync) and is responsible for ingestion of all audio (and related materials) into our sync licensing systems in the US. A small but mighty team, we divide work between frontline (continuous on a track by track basis for new releases) and catalog (delivered in bigger chunks of historic, already released music). A complete and accurate database of all our music is essential to the function of every department in the company – making this department a real backbone of WCM!
If you love listening to music, new and old, across genres – this is the role for you. We're looking for someone who is highly organized, has a great ear for music and ideally has some creative/administrative metadata tagging experience. The audio team touches many departments across WCM, so we'd love to have someone on the team who can adapt and collaborate in different teams. Opportunities for our songwriters start with our team – we want to make their voices heard!
The Music Management Intern will assist our Music Management Coordinators, alongside A&R and Sync Departments, to organize, research and ingest catalog assets and related materials for our US Publishing offices. Helping to pitch music for Film & Tv opportunities around the world.
Here you'll get to:
• Assist the rest of the audio team on both frontline and catalog audio research and ingestion.
• Influence our songwriters' success and provide a broader and more effective base of opportunities for their songs to grow an audience and generate revenue.
• Maintain a complete and data-accurate audio asset library for Warner Chappell's Global A&R, Sync, & Creative Services teams by sourcing audio associated with our copyrights from label partners.
• Attach accurate administrative and creative metadata to our songs such that recordings of them can be accessed quickly and efficiently for exploitation opportunities of all kinds (sync pitching, song plugging, strategic marketing, writer meetings, cover opportunities, etc.)
• Create pitch playlists curated for sync e-blasts (New Releases, Pre-releases, Catalog Focus, Lyric Theme-specific, etc.).
• Participate and advise in the planning & design process of new systems to manage and present audio assets related to our copyrights, both internal & external.
• You excel at project management, and love to create strong interdepartmental relationships so that assets and information can be centralized effectively.
• You strive to develop techniques and relationships (internal & external) for gathering necessary audio assets as thoroughly and affordably as possible (pre-releases, new releases, back catalog, cover versions, remixes/edits, multiple recordings of ''standards'', etc.) by networking with Warner Chappell staff and major/independent record labels, management, writers, etc.
• You thrive on researching ownership information (Label & Publishing) for recordings with certainty and obtaining copyright splits & co-publishing information in partnership with our A&R administration and copyright teams.
• You're comfortable managing a very high work volume, scheduled follow-ups, and a necessity for 100% accuracy in data entry.
We'd love it if you also had:
• Experience with file storage platforms (Dropbox/Box/Disco).
• Music analyzation and critical listening skills.
• Knowledge of major music labels and industry structures
At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere.
Before the fans and fame, the soundtracks and syncs, there is the song. And before the song comes the songwriter - the heart of an art form that defines generations, and the soul of our business. Songwriters are our inspiration; we are their partners, collaborators, and crusaders.
Songwriters shape culture; and here at WCM we help hone their craft, build their careers, and protect their legacies. We value curiosity, collaboration, and commitment – which helps set us apart and helps us in our commitment and global service to our songwriters.
We are Warner Chappell Music - where songwriters are heard.
About Warner Music Group: With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.