Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
High Level Job Description: The Manager HR is part of a team that provides general human resources support to the US Warner Chappell employee population at Warner Music Group. The individual in this role will act as a hands-on partner for business leaders on all matters regarding HR and will provide day-to-day counsel and coaching on employee relations issues, organizational development and design, performance management, talent development, and compliance. This individual will act as liaison to centralized HR functional areas such as compensation, benefits and staffing. The HR Manager will also be a contributor and project manager on various HR initiatives.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
• Provides day-to-day counsel on matters concerning employee relations, including performance improvement (disciplinary process), employee investigations, HR compliance, law, and government regulations. Supports consistency through policy interpretation, execution, documentation and by following procedures & standards.
• Responds to all levels of employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints by conducting investigations, and partnering with HR colleagues and internal legal counsel to project-manage and resolve issues.
• Works with HR Leaders on creating, implementing, and facilitating training initiatives for employees and leaders Establishes and keeps strong, positive, consultative relationships by working closely with business leaders and other employees.
• Partners with department heads and the Legal department on to create, review, administer employee contract agreements.
• Facilitates the creation of job descriptions with hiring managers. Works with Talent Acquisition to translate hiring needs, and ensure effective filling of entry level, professional and technical job openings.
• Under the direction of HR Leaders, executes Merit and Bonus processes.
• Works with the VP Human Resources and the WC HR team in driving employee performance, morale and efficiency through the effective delivery of day-to-day HR services, as well as through the effective roll-out and improvement of formal HR initiatives.
• Conducts research, contributes to projects and timelines, and participates as a hands-on contributor on teams and committees toward the successful completion of various HR Initiatives.
• Coordinates with Compensation on benchmarking and salary analysis for current employees and new hires.
• 3 years experience as an HR generalist or equivalent.
• Strong project management skills.
• Strong Excel skills.
• Working understanding of employment law and other government compliance regulations.
• Experience conducting employee relations investigations.
• Must have the ability to coach leaders and to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, government regulation and law.
• Experience administering policies and procedures.
• Strong interpersonal, diplomacy, communication, and listening skills.
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
• Ability to present to groups in a confident, engaging and consistent manner.
• Must have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products; specifically Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Formal study in Human Resources, Employment Law, Anthropology, Psychology, Management, Business or a related field is preferred.
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company's Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee's religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2011 Warner Music Inc.