Hip Hop News Video Editor - Temp
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about HipHopDX:
For over 21 years, HipHopDX has been at the forefront of Hip Hop culture, reaching over 3.2 million readers and 5 million followers per month. As one of the longest-standing Hip Hop digital publications, DX not only stays current on Hip Hop culture, but continues to influence it, encourage it, and simultaneously reflect on its past. Our insightful, honest editorials, unbiased reviews, premier audio and video sections, and original video content, draws one of the most loyal followings online. As a part of Warner Music Group, HipHopDX is expanding internationally and continues to build upon the reputation it has garnered from decades of work.
About the opportunity with HipHopDX:
The position of Video Editor is tasked with the responsibility of editing HipHopDX's news video products for our Video and Social departments. They are responsible for assembling 2-3 daily videos using existing templates into a polished product that ensures a story that flows effortlessly from beginning to end. Videos will need to be created in a timely fashion with a quick turn around that reflects the daily news cycle. All projects will be created based on our mission, content strategy, and will be suitable for broadcasting. You will have the opportunity to have your work viewed by millions of people on a weekly basis and truly impact the conversation within the Hip Hop space. Each day, our news editors are responsible for visually curating Hip Hop news into a digestible and entertaining format. We are looking for someone to help elevate our news videos to the next level through creative editing.
We value hard work, integrity, and agility, and we love to reward individuals who show initiative and work well within our team. Come join our team at HipHopDX and impact Hip Hop culture!
Here you'll get to:
• Produce, and edit compelling video content for HipHopDX's digital platforms.
• Produce daily videos for our HipHopDX News and weekly long-form original content.
• Edit multiple creative assignments from post-production through distribution.
• Evaluate efficiency of video products, suggesting and implementing improvements.
• Manage assigned project workflow and deadlines.
• Edit branded content with multiple deliverables for sponsors.
• Utilize extensive, historic HipHopDX archives and video library to tell stories.
• Utilize demonstrable technical, editorial and creative storytelling skills in editing, producing, and design.
• Working with graphic templates and insert into videos seamlessly.
• Designing video thumbnails using Adobe photoshop.
• Create the best video content possible in the time and budget given.
• Directly interface with partners, agencies, and internal stakeholders on projects.
• Create unique content for specific platforms (YouTube, Tik Tok, Twitter etc.)
• Participate in creative content ideation.
• Work collaboratively with video managers, script writers, motion graphics editors, interviewers and other video editors.
• Check in with the supervisor every morning to review projects for the day.
• 3 years of video editing experience.
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, and take creative direction from multiple stakeholders.
• Ability to think creatively.
• Have a strong passion for Hip Hop and music culture.
• Ability to work under time constraints and deadlines.
• Possess a strong work ethic, and positive attitude, with an ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously on stated timelines.
• Excellent communication skills are required to have a solid understanding of project scope and implementation.
• Excellent organization skills and the ability to manage time effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Experience working with YouTube and YouTube creator studio.
• Motion graphic experience.
• Experience working with Google Drive and G Suite, Dropbox or other file sharing software.
• Time management skills – able to prioritize, work under tight deadlines, and execute quick project turnarounds.
• High degree of organization, creativity, self-motivation, and drive.
• Experience with video shoots.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.