Growth Marketing Director, Wmx
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
A little bit about our team:
Here at WMX (Warner Music Experience), we make artists' voices louder, brands' visions brighter and fans more engaged than ever before. We're building business opportunities by creating moments that matter and staying one step ahead of culture. This specific role sits under our Media & Creative Content division, which is committed to connecting artists with breakthrough content strategies that activate fans & move the cultural needle through our global audience scale & award-winning premium content.
The Media & Creative Content division of WMX owns & operates multiple online music & lifestyle brands that span across multiple genres of music, from hip hop to country to metal to pop and beyond. In this role, you'll be supporting WMX's VP, Marketing in building exciting marketing campaigns & spearheading tactics that grow our brand's digital audiences and help drive revenue for the organization.
In this role you will:
• Help drive the execution of our audience growth and revenue goals across the owned and operated brand portfolio, ensuring we are using creative solutions and tactics to hit these goals across digital disciplines like paid advertising, email marketing, organic growth ''hacks'' and more
• Be our department's digital platforms and tools expert – you'll own all testing, learning and best practices across the digital ecosystem, helping our team know when, why and how to apply the right tools to supercharge our campaigns
• Partner with WMG label marketers and artist managers to create compelling marketing initiatives on behalf of our department that drive awareness, engagement and growth for our brands
• Own our consumer-facing email marketing and SMS strategy, developing campaigns that help drive growth of these lists
• Manage and nurture department's marketing intern and junior staff as our department grows in size
• Manage paid social advertising campaigns across YouTube, TikTok, Facebook & Instagram
• Use data & analytics to help inform decision making & campaign optimizations, regularly feeding back actional insights to the rest of the team about what's working or not
• You have 5+ years of Digital Marketing experience, with specific experience driving audience growth (social media followers, website traffic and 1st party lists like email & SMS, etc.)
• You are extremely self-motivated and performance driven- you thrive on seeing the impact of your work and know how to use data to quantify its success, identify areas for improvement, and tell a story to various stakeholders across the organization
• You have incredibly strong writing skills and proven experience writing in a consistent tone of voice for a brand
• You pride yourself on being an expert on modern digital tools and platforms. When a social network rolls out a new feature, you are cannot wait to test it out and understand the ''in's and out's'' of how it works
• You are passionate about understanding the ''why'' behind what inspires music fans to share and consume content
• You have the ability to build relationships and work with a variety of co-workers across multiple teams and disciplines
• You have AMAZING organizational abilities?
• You are a team player with a positive attitude- you'll be working daily with a passionate and fun team and you thrive in a collaborative setting.
• You are obsessed with ''video first'' social platforms like TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram, NTWRK, etc., and understand the intricacies and nuances of how content is distributed & consumed on those platforms
• Have proven experience running paid media campaigns across Facebook, Instagram, YouTube & TikTok
• Have Previous experience managing intern or coordinator-level employees
• Have Previous experience with analytics tools like CrowdTangle, Google Analytics, etc..
While not required, we'd love it if you also had:
• Previous experience working on music-related digital campaigns, either for an artist or an entertainment brand
• Previous experience (or personal affinity) for Metal of Country music genres
• Proficiencies with photo & video editing software like Adobe Photoshop and Premiere
• E-commerce marketing experience
About Warner Music Group:
Love this job