Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about our team:
The design team within Corporate Communications and Marketing supports WMG corporate in the branding and execution of internal events and initiatives, internal and external communications, and advertising. The team also supports our publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, and Warner Recorded Music.
Here you'll get to:
The Designer will work closely with the Art Director to fulfill design needs across platforms. You will work on projects that range from resizing and editing photos to concepting and producing globally-distributed, company-wide branding.
You will bring design solutions to life, which are conceptually informed by WMG's strategy and branding guidelines, through bespoke visual identities and branding, dynamic social media content, trade advertisements, infographics, email communications, PowerPoint presentations, annual reports, events collateral, signage, branded templates, company gifts, branded merch, signage, and more. At times, you will directly support our senior management in visualizing their strategic goals and initiatives.
You're a designer who:
• Cares about and takes pride in the work.
• Can present work with confidence and clarity.
• Can think creatively, critique meaningfully, and take direction.
• Can manage their time with adherence to deadlines.
• Can manage several projects at any given time.
• Can gracefully manage a high-pressure environment.
• Can work well in a team as well as individually.
• Is comfortable writing and editing copy.
• Has experience interacting and working with senior management.
• Is a natural on social media and keeps up with current trends.
• Is interested in music, art, entertainment, media, fashion, culture, and more.
• Is adept at using the full Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office.
• Can develop long-form and complex PowerPoint and Keynote presentations from scratch, including infographics, charts, and iconography.
• Ensures brand consistency across multiple projects.
• Has a sophisticated handle on typography, layout, and color.
• Is well versed in best practices across print and web.
• Has completed an undergraduate degree (B.F.A.) in Visual Communications, Graphic Design, or equivalent.
• Has 3+ years of professional Graphic Design experience.
**Must be able to present a portfolio of recent design work**
Your design philosophy means that you:
• Believe that understanding the audience, the messaging, and overarching strategic goals are key to the successful, concept-driven design.
• Believe that visual identity requires a combination of strong design execution and consistent communication.
If would also be nice if you:
• Are comfortable creating motion graphics and animating typography.
• Are comfortable shooting stills and video with a DSLR.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.