Generalist, Human Resources
Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
Generalist, Human Resources
High Level Job Description: The HR Generalist role is part of a team that provides general human resources support to both the Nashville recorded music and shared services client groups within Warner Music Group. The individual in this role will act as a hands-on partner for business leaders on all matters regarding HR and will provide day-to-day counsel and coaching on employee relations issues, organizational development and design, performance management, talent development, and compliance. This individual will act as liaison to centralized HR functional areas such as compensation, benefits and staffing. The HR Generalist will also be a contributor and project manager on various HR initiatives.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
• Provides day-to-day counsel on matters concerning employee relations, including performance improvement (disciplinary process), employee investigations, HR compliance, law, and government regulations. Supports consistency through policy interpretation, execution, documentation and by following procedures & standards.
• Responds to all levels of employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints by conducting investigations, and partnering with HR colleagues and internal legal counsel to project-manage and resolve issues.
• Ensure consistent delivery of departmental processes in service to positive organizational impact and provide support to HR leadership.
• Works with HR Leaders on creating, implementing, and facilitating training initiatives for employees and leaders.
• Establishes and keeps strong, positive, consultative relationships by working closely with business leaders and other employees.
• Partners with department heads and the Legal department on to create, review, administer employee contract agreements.
• Facilitates the creation of job descriptions with hiring managers. Works with Talent Acquisition to translate hiring needs and ensure effective filling of job openings.
• Partner with Talent Acquisition team to coordinate program on-boarding, exiting and intern Learning Events.
• Under the direction of HR Leaders, executes Merit and Bonus processes.
• Works with the Director Human Resources and the Nashville HR team in driving employee performance, morale and efficiency through the effective delivery of day-to-day HR services, as well as through the effective roll-out and improvement of formal HR initiatives.
• Conducts research, contributes to projects and timelines, and participates as a hands-on contributor on teams and committees toward the successful completion of various HR Initiatives.
• Coordinates with Compensation on bench-marking and salary analysis for current employees and new hires.
• 3+ years experience as an HR generalist or equivalent.
• Strong project management skills.
• Strong Excel skills.
• Working understanding of employment law and other government compliance regulations.
• Experience conducting employee relations investigations.
• Must have the ability to coach leaders and to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, government regulation and law.
• Experience administering policies and procedures.
• Strong interpersonal, diplomacy, communication, and listening skills.
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
• Ability to present to groups in a confident, engaging and consistent manner.
• Must have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products; specifically Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Formal study in Human Resources, Employment Law, Anthropology, Psychology, Management, Business or a related field is preferred.
Why join us?
• Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
• It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
• Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
?Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter. Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG. Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.?