Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Financial Analyst
A little bit about our team:
The Finance team at Warner Records supports all aspects of financials for the record label including Marketing, A&R, Revenue, Overhead and Expense reporting. We're a tight-knit team where you'll gain experience from a variety of backgrounds and have exposure to many areas within Warner Records.
Why this could be your next big break:
As a Financial Analyst at Warner Records you'll be gaining Finance experience in a fun industry. You'll work alongside the Finance Director managing Marketing and Overhead spend for the label. This will give you give you unique insight into departments ranging from Creative to Fan Engagement and International to Artist Development. All while working in our energizing DTLA office.
Here you'll get to:
• Work directly with Finance Director on Marketing spend and related activities
• Attend weekly budget meetings with marketing team and department heads
• Assist with monitoring and tracking spend mid-month to ensure proper budget targets are being met and not exceeded.
• Maintain marketing files – add in marketing pages for new budgets and update overall projects & department pages
• Create spend reconciliations for projects/departments as needed.
• PO review and approval: check if budget is approved and if coding is correct.
• Train users on Ariba / SAP. Understand system functions and capabilities to be able to get new users set up and learn the system
• Troubleshoot Ariba, PO, Invoice, vendor creation issues with users.
• Month end close processes – complete journal entries and reports for both department and Shared Services team.
• Miscellaneous (marketing, ad-hoc requests)
• Manage budget, forecast and actuals for each overhead category.
• Write journal entries as needed
• Work directly with CFO explaining variances
• T&E – reconcile spend monthly and distribute reports to departments
• Update actuals on a monthly basis & complete variance analysis to track any overages against budget.
• Monitor invoicing for revenue sources with Brand Marketing department
• Assist with approval of T&E, A&R, and Marketing expense reports in Concur expensing system
• Create reports for Executive team monthly and ad-hoc
• Involvement in transition to new finance systems – user acceptance testing, implementation & training
• Strong finance background with a minimum of two years of experience
• Strong analytical skills, very proficient in systems and excel.
• The right person for this position must be able to work well under pressure and have the ability to meet deadlines and pay close attention to detail.
• The position also requires someone who is highly organized with a strong ability to multi-task, a self-starter, but someone who takes direction and works well with change and is a team player.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Music or Entertainment Industry experience
• Finance and/or Accounting degree
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.