Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Financial Analyst
A little bit about our team:
Working closely with CFO of Warner Chappell along with VP Global Finance and VP Business Development, you will be partnering with the entire global finance team at Warner Chappell. The average tenure of the team is over 10 years which will allow the candidate to learn from a unique very experienced finance team.
Why this could be your next big break:
This role will give excellent insight into what it takes to run a multinational business in a fun industry. Your ability to learn from working closely with senior management and an experienced finance team will be unmatched elsewhere. The exposure you will get to working alongside senior finance will be unparalleled and could be a launching pad for a very long and successful career. You will be joining a company that is in the early stages of turning itself around led by a dynamic management team. You will get to work in a brand new office building with amazing people across all aspects of the music business.
Here you'll get to:
• Global consolidated reporting for all submissions – Actuals, Forecasts and Budget
• Manage the global submission process and ensure completed reporting packages are received. Follow up on missing and/or incomplete commentary/reporting
• Key global trouble shooter for the global submission process
• Liaison with Corporate HFM team to unlock/lock affiliates and copying data into various scenarios
• HO/Topside HFM submissions – manage HO/Topside reporting
• Executive Deck preparation – Monthly Actuals and Forecasts
• Corporate Commentaries - drafting
• COVID reporting - manage collection and analysis
• Cash, Balance Sheet and Working Capital – own the reporting and process for reporting to executive team. Manage the global reporting and submissions for Actuals, Forecasts and Budget. Development and monitoring of metrics and path to metric improvements
• Overhead Analysis and reporting to gain insight into cost reductions/consolidation
• Budget and Business reviews – preparation of presentation deck for completion by affiliates
• Work closely with SVP WW Finance in running the Annual Budget process including assisting with pulling a Budget presentation together
• HO SOX reporting
• FIT – Reporting development and implementation
• Manage all ad hoc global data requests
• Maintain global digital deals tracker
• Quarterly True Up reporting – manage the process
• Assist CFO/SVP Finance with Presentations
• Global headcount – tracking of open positions
• Corporate Allocations – monitor and investigate any variances to budget/forecasts/prior year
• Assist SVP Finance in Internal Audit/Control Champion Team requests and improvement programs
• Big 4 experience preferred
• Advanced excel
• Excellent communication skills and confidence to interact with senior management and global teams
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Ability to identify areas for innovation and suggest changes within the scope of the role
• Must be a self-starter, self-motivated, take responsibility for tasks, think outside the box and adapt to change easily. Demonstrate strong research, mathematical and analytical ability
• Should be personable, easy to interact and work with
• Must be able to meet deadlines
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• At least two (2) years of professional experience in accounting, financial management, investment banking, or, a satisfactory equivalent in related fields.
• A business and/or accounting degree would be preferred
• While not required, music or entertainment experience is helpful
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.